Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite spot to sit on 773 in BP?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
Favorite spot to sit on 773 in BP?

Hi, sorry if this is redundant with another post (undoubtedly it is) but anyone have a favorite spot in BP on LAX-AKL? I got an upgrade on NZ5 next week. Pretty much everything in rows 9-12 is available.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I don't so much have a favourite spot, but I have favourite aisles. I'll pick B/K in preference to A/J as I sleep naturally on my right hand side so prefer to have the open space in front of me rather than facing the rear wall.

I still prefer window seats (even though there isn't much to see and looking out the window isn't easy) so tend to take a K seat in the front cabin if available. Many people do say the rear cabin is quieter.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
It also matters if you are right or left handed. Especially when reaching for drinks and personal items
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks both. And I'm guessing that right handed more convenient in the seats that face the left side of the aircraft?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
7A/K is my preferred seat
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:35 pm

Mine too!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Looks like 1-8 are completely full but there is lots of availability in 9-12. I've got 9K at the moment. Any reason not to sit in the bulkhead? Not sure if there really is a bulkhead, actually.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:27 am

The second J cabin is separated from the first by doors 2L/R and galleys/toilets.....definitely a bulkhead!!!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I'd avoid second J cabin because it is where the bassinet area is, depending on the boarding air bridge you will have PE and Y passengers move pass you when boarding. Not the end of the world but I've had pax steamroll past me whilst I was storing my cabin baggage, and I was not even holding up the queue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.