Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Can't find fare rules for business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG

I'm looking at booking NZ for travel in Jan 2018 from SYD-YVR via AKL and seeing a good fare online ($AUD5200) - the fare shows as "business class" but does not indicate if it's full fare, saver or whatever. The next step is to enter passenger details but there is no indiction of fare rules - i.e. fees for changes or cancellation.

Since my return date is not open yet I don't want to proceed with the booking as yet ... anyone know the rules or how to find them online. BTW I'm not really all that worries about frequent flyer points earned for another *A program (probably SQ or LifeMiles) but that would be nice to know as well.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: NZ*S
Assuming you are using the www.airnewzealand.com.au website..

After selecting the flight/fare the you are interested in, click the small "View Details" Purple Button at the bottom of the banner at the top of the page and the full list of flight numbers will open up. At the bottom of this is the total duration and to the right of that is a link to the fare rules. The link will say "Business Saver [Max] fare conditions" if its a business saver fare, otherwise I believe its just "Business Fare conditions"

Business saver max fares appear to be ~$3400 AUD, Full business Fares ~$8100 AUD, I haven't seen any $5200 fares but I would assume that is Business Saver or full business on sale.

https://www.airnewzealand.com.au/bus...are-conditions is the link to find the different business fare conditions (for airnz AU fares)
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much - found it - certainly not obvious. Fare quoted is business saver max so very restrictive - may wait a bit longer to book in that case.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
Assuming you are using the www.airnewzealand.com.au website..

Business saver max fares appear to be ~$3400 AUD, Full business Fares ~$8100 AUD, I haven't seen any $5200 fares but I would assume that is Business Saver or full business on sale.

https://www.airnewzealand.com.au/bus...are-conditions is the link to find the different business fare conditions (for airnz AU fares)
Hum - fare quoted for mid-end Jan 2018 is $AUD 52xx - can't see any dates at $3400 - this is for a return and $5200 seemed like a very good fare to me. Next closest is around $6000 on AC.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:02 am

I believe if you want to book a fare with flexibility, if you continue through the booking process, there is a point where you can add flexibility to allow date changes (naturally for a cost).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.