Search

Elite Partner

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Elite Partner

Not sure if anyone has the answer.

On the date of my re-qualification for E i rang and cancelled my current Elite partner- so on my account it shows that I dont have an eilte partner currently.

Today in the mail I have now received a new Elite partner card fro my cancelled Elite partner.

Question:

1. if the person uses this Elite partner card will they be treated as an Elite partner?
2. will this then automatically become my Elite partner?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I would like to know this. But I assume it gets put back into the system if they use it
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:07 pm

I would be guessing that if it's showing online that they are not the elite partner that it was cancelled in the system (i.e. that you can't use the card to enter the lounge) and that it was sent in advance of the qualification date in anticipation that it would remain the same. Did you try and specify someone new yet?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Did you try and specify someone new yet?[/QUOTE]

No not yet- will be my wife once she drops from G to S in May.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: NZ Jade, NZEP
Originally Posted by brucelee
Question:

1. if the person uses this Elite partner card will they be treated as an Elite partner?
2. will this then automatically become my Elite partner?
As an Elite Partner, I only ever have to use my card at partner lounges and I doubt that flashing your card physically would make you a EP by NZ's system. Fo NZ lounges I just scan my ticket, so my guess if they are cancelled in the system, their AP number won't be associated with EP and they would be denied access. It should show in their AP account if they have EP status still.

As for specifying someone new, it doesn't matter what tier they are and when you nominate them - their EP status anniversary is your AP anniversary, not their own. Bare in mind it takes 4 weeks for them to send out EP packs, so on the day you cancelled they would have already sent your new packs

Hope that helps (and I'm accurate)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.