Do Air NZ request for credit card presentation?

Subscribe
I'm planning to buy an AKL-ZQN ticket with a credit card under my name that I don't currently have with me. Do Air NZ request for credit card presentation at check-in?
Quote: I'm planning to buy an AKL-ZQN ticket with a credit card under my name that I don't currently have with me. Do Air NZ request for credit card presentation at check-in?
Nope! You can check-in via their kiosks then bag drop - easy.
Never been asked to present the credit card used to purchase Air NZ flights, so far...
Quote: Never been asked to present the credit card used to purchase Air NZ flights, so far...
And I wouldn't see any reason why you would.
Quote: And I wouldn't see any reason why you would.
Some airlines require you to present the credit card used to book the travel, e.g. for Jetstar:

http://www.jetstar.com/nz/en/help/ar...ayment-options
Quote:

On selected routes, it is a condition of sale, check-in and boarding that the original, physical credit/debit card used to purchase the ticket(s) must be presented by the credit/debit card owner for verification at the airport.
Quote: Some airlines require you to present the credit card used to book the travel, e.g. for Jetstar:

http://www.jetstar.com/nz/en/help/ar...ayment-options
Umm what are they checking? It is a little worrying if they are storing the CC numbers in such a way it can be verified by checkin staff (fraud by staff comes to mind and failing PCI guidelines). Also don't most airlines use third parties to do their CC processing, so they shouldn't see any CC details at their end anyway?

Also what happens when say the boss buys the ticket?
Quote: Umm what are they checking? It is a little worrying if they are storing the CC numbers in such a way it can be verified by checkin staff (fraud by staff comes to mind and failing PCI guidelines). Also don't most airlines use third parties to do their CC processing, so they shouldn't see any CC details at their end anyway?

Also what happens when say the boss buys the ticket?
Name and last 4 digits are being checked to confirm the card is the same as that used to make payment. Reduces fraud.

Many airlines do this check at check in.
It is quite common for airlines to check for a credit card at check-in. This typically only happens on routes with high numbers of fraud or, in some cases, may happen across the whole airline. There is a way around this, such as booking with a travel agent (for instance).

Fortunately, I have never once been asked for ID or even asked to present a credit card used for the booking domestically with NZ. You may be asked to present ID in the instance that you are using someone else's fare and somebody has reported this (i.e. you "purchased" the fare from a Facebook page).
Thanks for the info everyone! I have just purchased my AKL-ZQN ticket.
SQ are sticklers for this. I have had them take a photocopy of my personal card and keep it on file for three months in case my employer's card (used for the booking) was a clone. They have been bitten a few times by scammers, they said.
Quote: SQ are sticklers for this. I have had them take a photocopy of my personal card and keep it on file for three months in case my employer's card (used for the booking) was a clone. They have been bitten a few times by scammers, they said.
This is one of the airlines I have heard of. Also, Jetstar Asia do this on some routes. I am not aware of any others in this region (off the top of my head).
Quote: SQ are sticklers for this. I have had them take a photocopy of my personal card and keep it on file for three months in case my employer's card (used for the booking) was a clone. They have been bitten a few times by scammers, they said.
Interesting. I would tell your bank that and get a new card. Plus would be funny to watch Visa or Master pull SQ's access to process credit cards for failing PCI. Photocopies is a big no no and SQ would be failing their requirements of being a credit card processor.
Odd, I fly >50 sectors a year with SQ and have never been asked.
Quote: This is one of the airlines I have heard of. Also, Jetstar Asia do this on some routes. I am not aware of any others in this region (off the top of my head).
TG are a bit funny about this as well. One time I had booked a flight for my folks and beforehand I was asked to send over a copy of my CC for file.
Quote: This is one of the airlines I have heard of. Also, Jetstar Asia do this on some routes. I am not aware of any others in this region (off the top of my head).
There are plenty of other airlines in this region that do this. E.g. from personal experience KE, CI, CZ, CX, etc.

Quote: Odd, I fly >50 sectors a year with SQ and have never been asked.
I also fly SQ a lot and cannot recall being asked to view my credit card.