Go Back   > > >

Old Jan 11, 17, 12:45 am   #16
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Gold, EK Gold, SQ, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Accor Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
There are plenty of other airlines in this region that do this. E.g. from personal experience KE, CI, CZ, CX, etc.

I also fly SQ a lot and cannot recall being asked to view my credit card.
I've usually been asked by SQ for my credit card. One time the AKL Manager rang prior to my flight, I was flying in first, to make sure I had my credit card.
WLG Base is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 12:44 pm   #17

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
SQ used to always (?) ask for my card on ex-SIN itineraries booked directly when I was living in SIN.

They never asked for TA-issued itineraries.
ajnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 17, 10:20 am   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzkarit View Post
Interesting. I would tell your bank that and get a new card. Plus would be funny to watch Visa or Master pull SQ's access to process credit cards for failing PCI. Photocopies is a big no no and SQ would be failing their requirements of being a credit card processor.
Was going to say the same thing. A small hotel once asked me for my CC so they could photocopy it. I declined and they said they couldn't let me check in if I didn't allow them to photocopy it. I said that is fine and that the first thing I would do is to call my CC company and let them know that you are in violation of your Merchant Agreement and start the ball rolling on revoking your ability to accept mastercard cards. They let me check in without taking a photocopy.
SirReadsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote