Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Xmas Gift this year is ........

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite (*A G), Qantas Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Whoop whoop sounds like a great gift to me - always nice to upgrade that late night flight SYD-AKL and hit the champagne!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Wink Typical Air Auckland?

I am shocked that no post here has directly accused Air New Zealand of being typical Air Auckland by this gift offering which provides limited value to those not travelling short haul outside of AKL.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I am shocked that no post here has directly accused Air New Zealand of being typical Air Auckland by this gift offering which provides limited value to those not travelling short haul outside of AKL.
I did in post #2
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
Only useful to me if it's possible to re-gift it...
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I think you can use it to upgrade to Works Deluxe rather than waste it.
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I'm assuming this still needs to be done via the call centre. Any idea if they waive the call centre fee for processing this in line with their policy now not to waive this for changes even if they can't be done online?
Yes, yes and yes. I helped my friend to do this. They were very helpful over the phone to do this but it is odd that it cannot be done online. NZ's systems showing their age once more.

Not really. You can apply it for Works Deluxe. Whether that's good enough for you or not is another discussion BUT this is the highest travel class offered for us TT as it is right now. You wont get J from CHC, so what more can you ask for? And let's be quite frank: if they gave out true long-haul RU's to every Tom, Dick and Harry, well, you know how it goes...
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:13 pm

Seems it's a Long Haul RU for US-based folks (awesome!) - received mine in the mail today
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by Tktarzan
Seems it's a Long Haul RU for US-based folks (awesome!) - received mine in the mail today
Now that is good news!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Tktarzan

WOW!! Glad they were considerate of where you live in selecting xmas gifts. Also wow @ the fact there's more than one US based NZ Elite! (Although if you've relocated from NZ that's more understandable).

Might have to change my addresss
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Following NZ not honouring the banked years offered up for withdrawing business from the A320s all the years ago, I've given up. At least there are a few airlines offering business for routes not involving Auckland even if NZ ignores this market.

(QF, EK, CI, VA, SQ)
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I just had a look at my account to see if it was possible to apply them to upgrade to works deluxe and it says not upgradeable. I'm assuming this still needs to be done via the call centre. Any idea if they waive the call centre fee for processing this in line with their policy now not to waive this for changes even if they can't be done online?
I could have sworn I'd done this online, but perhaps I misremember as it will have been a while ago. If not possible online then service fee should be waived.

More recently mine have lapsed, except this year I managed to use it on a very rare trans-Tasman rerouting via AKL on NZ.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I haven't got my mail yet but have had two friends over the past day express disappointment in the gift.

One today is WLG based like me and had absolutely no idea you could actually use these to go to WD. I'd pick 99% of people outside AKL would be the same since it's not published anywhereb and think it's a dud deal.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
had absolutely no idea you could actually use these to go to WD. I'd pick 99% of people outside AKL would be the same since it's not published anywhereb and think it's a dud deal.
For going to WD you also need to give them 48+ hours notice. I found this out when trying to upgrade a neighbour due to catering requirements.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Also wow @ the fact there's more than one US based NZ Elite! (Although if you've relocated from NZ that's more understandable).
There's two NZ Elites in my family living in different parts of the States - neither one of us are Kiwis for the record.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:21 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
I haven't got my mail yet but have had two friends over the past day express disappointment in the gift.

One today is WLG based like me and had absolutely no idea you could actually use these to go to WD. I'd pick 99% of people outside AKL would be the same since it's not published anywhereb and think it's a dud deal.
I haven't received either. But of no benefit to me. Have a few other Elites in the office - no mention of the gift to date.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
'For going to WD you also need to give them 48+ hours notice. I found this out when trying to upgrade a neighbour due to catering requirements.'

They need 48 hours to open another can of beans and get a hash brown out of the freezer and warm it to soggy temperature! Don't get me going on the crappy WD catering. Absolute rubbish. I want the seat next to me free but not that excuse for a meal that they proffer and I get to pay for (seats to suit them?). They could really do something on catering to make WD appear pseudo business class, like the European carriers with their pretend biz class offering within Europe. Certainly the pricing suggests something a little more than a Y-class half tray meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.