Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onesmart Activation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: airnz elite
The dumb thing about the new onesmart cards is you can't buy APD with them. I used to buy upgrades with that for me and any others with the elite upgrade thing.
Any other way to do this now?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by davidkemps
The dumb thing about the new onesmart cards is you can't buy APD with them. I used to buy upgrades with that for me and any others with the elite upgrade thing.
Any other way to do this now?
IMHO ending this is a great thing. Infinite upgrades were bad and this was changed intentionally to stop this.

Yes there is still a way to do this and the Air NZ website details this. Your simply need the Airpoints Credit Card.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: airnz elite
Guess I'm getting the kiwi bank one too then! There's one for only $25 a year. Any issue with having 2 credit cards to one airpoints account?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by davidkemps
Any issue with having 2 credit cards to one airpoints account?
Nope
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Anyone received a text from air nz?

"This is Air NZ., We apologise for your OneSmart issue this week. We are working to resolve it and will contact you in the next few days."

The thing is, i have never tried or intent to activate the card.. haha
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: NZ*S
Yes, also received that today. Had used the old onesmart card and it has a ~$2 balance on it, but haven't tried to activate the new card.. it expires in 5 days anyway (at least the airpoints side of it).
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by sbiddle
IMHO ending this is a great thing. Infinite upgrades were bad and this was changed intentionally to stop this.

Yes there is still a way to do this and the Air NZ website details this. Your simply need the Airpoints Credit Card.
I wonder if you could kindly provide the URL as to where this is explained.
Many thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by minz56
I wonder if you could kindly provide the URL as to where this is explained.
Many thanks.
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airp...-card-benefits

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airp...mparison-table

https://www.kiwibank.co.nz/personal-...-and-benefits/
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: NZ
Thank you so much - now all is clear!
Old Nov 26, 2016, 4:41 pm

Thanks for those. So is it correct to say that the facility to do so via. OneSmart is now gone and you must have a Kiwibank credit card? Also, being that this is related to a credit card, do these count as cash advances?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
My new OneSmart card was rejected at a fuel pump yesterday, as being "not a valid Air Points card," even though the words "Air Points" are clearly printed on it.
I cancelled the transaction at the pump and chose to pay inside, where the OneSmart card was accepted as a valid Air Points card.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by celle
My new OneSmart card was rejected at a fuel pump yesterday, as being "not a valid Air Points card," even though the words "Air Points" are clearly printed on it.
I cancelled the transaction at the pump and chose to pay inside, where the OneSmart card was accepted as a valid Air Points card.
There is no logical reason for this to occur. The barcode should be the same as your previous Airpoints card.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
Originally Posted by sbiddle
There is no logical reason for this to occur. The barcode should be the same as your previous Airpoints card.
This particular pump was one where you insert the card after inserting and retrieving your credit card. Previously, you used to be able to have the barcode scanned by holding it under a red light scanner. Not the case with this new pump.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Today I spotted on the AirNZ website a small negative balance on my old Onesmart card. This after I had activated the new one and transferred funds.
I could see that a transaction from before I activated had taken a while to process and shown up after the changeover date.
Couldn't pay to the old account from my bank as the account is closed.
Called up and apparently there is a process to mop up transactions like this - told it will be charged to the new onesmart account presently.
I will watch and wait...

Last edited by macdo; Dec 21, 2016 at 4:27 pm
Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
I received an email from them a couple of days ago (23/12) - "Hello ....Thanks for activating your OneSmart card. We just wanted to give you a few important tips ....." - Wow, I activated my card weeks ago - if it takes this long for their IT to catch up this does not really inspire confidence for something I want to rely on overseas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.