Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred seats become free?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Preferred seats become free?

Hi guys long time follower but first time poster!
I'm flying NZ PE from Hong Kong to Auckland next month. I'm sure in the past I have been able to get a seat in the bulkhead row at the airport or online free of charge if I book last moment.
My question is do these seats become free on the booking site at some point before the flight and if so how many hours, days out does this happen. I like the bulkhead but I'm not sure it's worth a preferred seating charge to get it.
Thanks in advance for your help guys.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Exit row seats free up at T-48 for HVC's to select at no charge.

It's incredibly rare to have these free at T-48 on longhaul so don't expect to utilise this. Like everything on Air NZ if you want it you should pay for it.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
Do the "preferred" seats free up at T-48 for NZ*S? I'm waiting on an RU for a pretty full flight but I'm pretty sure if I spend $50 on a better seat (there are a few left) and then the upgrade clears, they don't have a mechanism for reimbursing me for the $50 seat I won't be sitting in. So if they free up and I haven't heard about the upgrade yet, I'd move up just in case.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
*S is not considered a HVC as such - it's only Koru, Gold and Elite who are.

You are correct in that if an upgrade clears you will not receive a refund for any paid seats.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Exit row seats free up at T-48 for HVC's to select at no charge.
Hi, in a few hours I'll be T-48 for AKL-LAX; if I want to check on free preferred seats (for NZ*G) should they be turning up online via the usual "seat select" part of the Air NZ website? or do you have to do this on the phone. I just happened to check seat select a few minutes ago and it looks like seat select is not currently available for that flight, though it was available a few days ago.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by samuelmehr
Hi, in a few hours I'll be T-48 for AKL-LAX; if I want to check on free preferred seats (for NZ*G) should they be turning up online via the usual "seat select" part of the Air NZ website? or do you have to do this on the phone. I just happened to check seat select a few minutes ago and it looks like seat select is not currently available for that flight, though it was available a few days ago.
Could be a glitch or a possible equipment change from 773 to 772 or vice versa.

Best call the call centre so you don't miss out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.