Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Connection in SYD from BA to ANZ. Transit and bag check questions.

Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver

I am flying into Sydney in 2017 on BA and then catching an Air NZ flight to Wellington. I will have checked baggage on the BA flight.
Can anyone confirm that I can transit through Sydney onto the Air NZ flight without any Aussie paperwork? Also will the Air NZ transit desk arrange for my baggage to be collected and put onto the Wellington flight?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
I am flying into Sydney in 2017 on BA and then catching an Air NZ flight to Wellington. I will have checked baggage on the BA flight.
Can anyone confirm that I can transit through Sydney onto the Air NZ flight without any Aussie paperwork? Also will the Air NZ transit desk arrange for my baggage to be collected and put onto the Wellington flight?

Was the BA/NZ flight on an single ticket? or did you purchase them separately.

If they we're purchased separately you'll likely have to clear customs, collect baggage then re:check baggage with NZ.

The NZ transit counter will not collect your baggage, If you booking was on an single ticket then BA will pass the baggage onto NZ.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Was the BA/NZ flight on an single ticket? or did you purchase them separately.

If they we're purchased separately you'll likely have to clear customs, collect baggage then re:check baggage with NZ.

The NZ transit counter will not collect your baggage, If you booking was on an single ticket then BA will pass the baggage onto NZ.
Depending on your passport/residency you may/may not need a transit visa for Australia including airside. FT is not the place to find this out. There are links to IATA web site (use at own risk) http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/

If separate PNR/ticket BA will not through check your luggage
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-tickets.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...kets-pnrs.html

From where did you buy the flights? Is a little unusual in the SYD-WLG not being on Qantas (Oneworld) but flight timing may be a reason.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.