Search

List of flights flown with Air NZ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, Freccia Alata
List of flights flown with Air NZ

Hi all,

This is my first ever post and I am wondering if anyone can help.

I'm *G with Air New Zealand and have enjoyed flying with them heaps. They certainly deserve their various awards and recognition!

I want to compile a list of the flights that I've flown in the last two years to input into Flightmemory.com or Openflights.org so I can see my flight stats.

Does anybody know if there's a way to ask Air NZ for a list of my flights flown? Maybe like an excel sheet or even just a list of all the flights and dates I have taken with them?

Has anyone else on this forum ever asked for something similar?

Thanks,
Parry
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:33 am

I have also wondered this recently. I suspect that they have a legal obligation to provide this information under the Privacy Act 1986. However, the format and timeframe of this is another thing altogether...
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I recently thought it would be amusing to figure out exactly how many flights I've done and the breakdown. TripIt was good to plan forward but not retrospectively look at them.

I just settled for App in the Air (as I'm not always in front of a computer) as it also provide me notifications forward as well as look at historical flights aggregated into airports, airlines, and aircraft type. For example I can see 90% of all my flights this year are with Air NZ and the travel periods
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your thoughts folks.

Yeah, codyc1515, I agree they probably have to provide this information to us under some law or other in existence. But like you said, the challenge is asking for and getting this info!

Dadig, I think what you're doing is useful and I can do that from my current stock of flights that I have some info in my email account about, but I did a lot of flying between early 2014 and early 2016 for which I don't have an bits and bobs about.

All of the info is mostly for me to see what I've actually flown in the last 2 years in and from NZ. I have a lot more flights from 2001 to 2014 which also I'm hoping to find into for (wishful thinking!)
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You've cross-posted this in the Information Desk, which is not allowed under FT rules. I've asked a moderator to merge these threads.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You've cross-posted this in the Information Desk, which is not allowed under FT rules. I've asked a moderator to merge these threads.
No worries mate, thanks for that. My bad! ^
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: NZ (LT Koru); QF (WP & LTG); FJ (Tabua)
Can I drift the thread a bit?

I have my own Excel file that tracks my 1550 flights over the last 50 years. The fields that I keep track of are: Date, TripTitle (e.g. 2014 XYZ Conference), From, To, Airline, Aircraft Type, Aircraft Rego, Time, Distance, Lounge, Paid/Points, Class, Notes (e.g. Early morning fog, 4 hr delay. Sat next to .... ).

I then have tables that compile stats on all this, e.g. How many arrivals to a XYZ airport? How many sectors on aircraft XY-ABC? etc. )

I have thought to moving this online....any advice on which service offers the most in terms of pre-set fields and user-definable options?

By the way, I only started this off when I wanted to teach myself Excel, and it was a great project to work on. The one function that took me years to find out about was how to add up total time in the air (currently 154.48 days!) based on the flight duration of each flight, i.e. how to add up 3h 45min to 1h 20min to get 5:05.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: NZ Gold (*G)
Regarding an information request: from what I have read you can absolutely request Air NZ to tell you all that they know about your past flying activity. However they would be entitled to "impose a charge but it has to be reasonable".

If you decide to pursue an information request please update this thread with your progress, I would be interested to know how it goes.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:16 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Interlude
Can I drift the thread a bit?

I have my own Excel file that tracks my 1550 flights over the last 50 years. The fields that I keep track of are: Date, TripTitle (e.g. 2014 XYZ Conference), From, To, Airline, Aircraft Type, Aircraft Rego, Time, Distance, Lounge, Paid/Points, Class, Notes (e.g. Early morning fog, 4 hr delay. Sat next to .... ).

I then have tables that compile stats on all this, e.g. How many arrivals to a XYZ airport? How many sectors on aircraft XY-ABC? etc. )

I have thought to moving this online....any advice on which service offers the most in terms of pre-set fields and user-definable options?

By the way, I only started this off when I wanted to teach myself Excel, and it was a great project to work on. The one function that took me years to find out about was how to add up total time in the air (currently 154.48 days!) based on the flight duration of each flight, i.e. how to add up 3h 45min to 1h 20min to get 5:05.
There are some tools available for free, but they may not offer all you are looking for.

flightmemory.com
flightdiary.net
openflights.org
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
If you know your way around basic web server calls and are an Airpoints member, you can fetch a large majority of your data through modifying the calls used in the 'My Statement' section of your online account.

I can see flights I took 3 or so years ago, but the status earn disappears and even further back flights don't show.

I had toyed with the idea of trying to make a web app that would be able to tell me when I was going to lose SP, which is why I started poking around.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Interlude, Kiwiwings, Kiwi Flyer and yotty for your responses.
I'm currently using Flightmemory and wanted some of the information to fill those details. The question was Air NZ based but since I've flown plenty more since I was a kid, I was trying to see if there was a way to recover as many flights as I could.
I think I might tinker around with some home-brew methods (aka yotty's web server calls).
Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.