Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

SP on booking ?reduced when booked via Corporate Agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Had some domestic flights booked today via HRG for me via a corporate account of a business with which I have a significant relationship.

I've noticed for a number of bookings over the last year or so that I no longer earn APD on fares booked for me by this company and was told by AirNZ that while the relevant fares would normally accrue APD they don't because the company receives a rebate which means that while normal SP are earned by the traveller no APD accrue.

Today's booking was interesting in that the AKL-->CHC flight which was Flexitime shows in my profile as accruing 14 status points which is the same number as I see myself in the booking engine for the same flight however the return CHC-->AKL flight which is FlexiPlus only show as accruing 10 SP in the 'estimate' under my bookings yet shows 21 points in the booking engine - this is unchanged from the SP it showed before the flight was booked and 10 SP seems a low amount for a Flexiplus $279 fare.

Does anyone know whether SP are also reduced when fares are booked via a Corporate account - I haven't seen this previously. Or is there a system display problem in the estimates?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
The SP earn rate is a convoluted process and probably as safely kept as the Colonel's recipe. I've not experienced corporate agent bookings with reduced accrual yet.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
It may not corporate travel agent per se might not be the issue, but the agreement the business has with the airline is possibly the issue as you noted the business gets a rebate.

I am in a parallel situation.

I work in a university that is required to use the 'all of government' procuring process which includes air travel (AirNZ, Qantas, Singapore and some others offer non-earning options). Within that scheme the organisations can choose to take a bigger discount in return for airfares that are not airpoint earning. My employer has taken that option, other employers have elected to have staff retain the ability to earn airpoints. My work around is to take airlines that are not on the list of non-earners, as result my AirNZ status is diminishing. For example next month Im headed to Vancouver via Manila!. Of course I do this at reduced cost to the university :-)

Status point earning is not affected by the all of government; just the airpoints.

All bookings go through a corporate travel agent and show as non-earning AP online estimates.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by dadig
The SP earn rate is a convoluted process and probably as safely kept as the Colonel's recipe.
I beg to differ.

There is at least one person inside KFC who does know the recipe. I have my doubts there is anybody inside Air NZ who fully understands how SP earn works now.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I beg to differ.

There is at least one person inside KFC who does know the recipe. I have my doubts there is anybody inside Air NZ who fully understands how SP earn works now.
*standing ovation* ^
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I beg to differ.

+1!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Had a similar thing the other day. QF cancelled a TT flight and I got them to rebook me on NZ. The fare code booked by QF was V with The Works. Should earn 10APD and 33SP according to the calculator. When it credited it was only 7APD and 23SP so maybe the same thing here - QF buy the seats at a discount with reduced earning to the passenger.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:44 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Had a similar thing the other day. QF cancelled a TT flight and I got them to rebook me on NZ. The fare code booked by QF was V with The Works. Should earn 10APD and 33SP according to the calculator. When it credited it was only 7APD and 23SP so maybe the same thing here - QF buy the seats at a discount with reduced earning to the passenger.
You're lucky you got any earn on NZ. There was a time when QF rebookings on NZ flights earned zero (even printed "nil earning" on the NZ boarding pass).
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Was that QF163 SYD to WLG? I'm upset coz you filled up the plane
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by dadig
Was that QF163 SYD to WLG? I'm upset coz you filled up the plane
Haha no that was QF125 a couple of weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.