New Airpoints Cards/Bag tags

Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by ps107
I got a New World Airpoints club card in the post today.

It's conveniently already linked to my Airpoints account.

One more card to feel obliged to lug around. What was wrong with the old system of just using the Airpoints card? Can you get into Air NZ lounges with the New World card?
Hi any indication of what the new air points earn rate or other changes with the club card?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: NZ *E

One more card to feel obliged to lug around. What was wrong with the old system of just using the Airpoints card? Can you get into Air NZ lounges with the New World card?
I got mine too and asked myself similar questions.
Is it just for New World or can I use it at other stores? Why can't I just use my current airpoints card, or have a new airpoints card if some details need changing?

The whole process could be explained better.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by TraderX
Hi any indication of what the new air points earn rate or other changes with the club card?
No mention of Airpoints earn - I assume it's the same. The 'benefits' are member-only discounts and prize draws.

I'd noticed NW Clubcards in the south island a few months ago, but it was just a paper thing that teared off a perforated pamphlet available at the checkouts, so you could just use that to get the discounts and then throw it in the bin
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:26 am

Why a separate card? People want less cards not more.

Or why not a screen in the AirNZ app which can scan? Just like we scan the app for the boarding pass.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Definitely think airlines need to move to digital cards like some of the hotels have to keep the wallet free!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Why a separate card? People want less cards not more.

Or why not a screen in the AirNZ app which can scan? Just like we scan the app for the boarding pass.
The laser based barcode scanners on most checkouts won't read a barcode on a phone screen.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold

Coz staff don't Treat the Elite one smart card with care?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ANZ Gold, Hertz Gold
I received a plastic New World Air Points card in the mail yesterday (Auckland).
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I got a teaser email about something coming from NW the other day. - is this what it is?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
I got a teaser email about something coming from NW the other day. - is this what it is?
Yes. Card arrived 6 days after the email.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Got the card yesterday morning. I don't need another piece of plastic in my wallet. These companies haven't worked out that many people now slip their most used cards into a wallet with their phone - usually two or three cards and a supermarket loyalty card may not be top priority ahead of a credit and debit card and driving licence.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
Got the card yesterday morning. I don't need another piece of plastic in my wallet. These companies haven't worked out that many people now slip their most used cards into a wallet with their phone - usually two or three cards and a supermarket loyalty card may not be top priority ahead of a credit and debit card and driving licence.
+1
No way I am adding another pice of plastic to my wallet.
The A Team who came up with this idea is a bit out of touch.......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.