Wiki Posts
Search

2 SPs short of gold...ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: some
2 SPs short of gold...ideas?

Well, I just checked and with my latest cc points having been added I'm a full 2 points short of gold. My anniversary date is 17 August and I can't fly before that anymore as I will be overseas...Am I out of luck?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:36 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fliar
Well, I just checked and with my latest cc points having been added I'm a full 2 points short of gold. My anniversary date is 17 August and I can't fly before that anymore as I will be overseas...Am I out of luck?
Call the premium team.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by WLG Base
Call the premium team.
+1 to this. I have heard of instances before where they have added a few points to make it up.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
I'd be surprised if they won't let you away with 2SP.

If not, is there no *A airline where you are that you could fly on some short segment? It's not like it has to be NZ...
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Credit card spend could get you the 2SP.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by codyc1515
+1 to this. I have heard of instances before where they have added a few points to make it up.
i have had them given me 6 points previously
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Over the last 10 years or so, I've had the Premium Team be EXTREMELY generous and flexible for me with roll-over / re-qualifying shortfall on 3 separate occasions, so definitely worth a call or email. FWIW, after the 3rd time they made it very clear that I needn't bother ever asking again - fair enough really!

Sort of related (cos I know I won't re-qualify Gold this time around) - does anyone have experience/knowledge of status match with Turkish Airlines..?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by NZGez
Sort of related (cos I know I won't re-qualify Gold this time around) - does anyone have experience/knowledge of status match with Turkish Airlines..?
Could be wrong but I didn't think that *A airlines matched status with other *A airlines.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: NZ Gold (*G)
Originally Posted by codyc1515
Could be wrong but I didn't think that *A airlines matched status with other *A airlines.
You might need to do two status matches, the first from Airpoints to one world or sky team and then another one from one world to Turkish.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwiwings
You might need to do two status matches, the first from Airpoints to one world or sky team and then another one from one world to Turkish.
Might be difficult if they asked for an activity statement of the one world carrier to match to Turkish which is not an uncommon requirement.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite (*A G), Qantas Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I'll add to this - was 3 status points of elite on Monday and a call quickly got me missing points. Now finally elite
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by NZGez
Over the last 10 years or so, I've had the Premium Team be EXTREMELY generous and flexible for me with roll-over / re-qualifying shortfall on 3 separate occasions, so definitely worth a call or email. FWIW, after the 3rd time they made it very clear that I needn't bother ever asking again - fair enough really!

Are there any status matches currently in market? I thought the Turkish one had finished and when I was looking recently couldn't find a current OneWorld status match.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by NZDavid
I'll add to this - was 3 status points of elite on Monday and a call quickly got me missing points. Now finally elite
Congratulations!^
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: some
Good news, did as suggested and just got a reply to say they have topped up the account. Back to gold, after having been NZ G for many years before moving overseas (now back in NZ).

Great service! And it has helped me in my decision to choose NZ for my upcoming flight (in C) to Tokyo.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:50 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fliar
Good news, did as suggested and just got a reply to say they have topped up the account. Back to gold, after having been NZ G for many years before moving overseas (now back in NZ).

Great service! And it has helped me in my decision to choose NZ for my upcoming flight (in C) to Tokyo.
Very good news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.