Wiki Posts
Search

Changing FF number at gate...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Changing FF number at gate...

Hi!

As stated in the title.. I was wondering if Air NZ allowed changes of FF numbers at the gate? Is there a clear policy advising if it is allowed or not? I know many airlines do allow this.

Has anyone done this successfully? Any experiences?

Primary reason being.. want to get *GOLD benefits (through another *A airline but want to accrue miles to airpoints account (after getting benefits).. Some people might think this is unethical.. but it's a two way street.. I know many people getting *GOLD benefits through Air NZ airpoints and crediting it elsewhere later on at the gate.. It all equals out between airlines in the end IMHO.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I use my UA number on all bookings to get the preferred seats, luggage allowance, and Koru Club. Then I ask for credit on the NZ web site. I was once informed I can use my NZ# and then just show my *G card but doesn't work for seats or luggage. Does work for the lounge.

However most of my NZ flights do not give me credit to my MP account because of fare basis. I wish it did as prefer instead of air points. Only say this out in case you would get UA credit - I am not sure if NZ would allow the change post flight.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
You can get this set up at check in with the FQTV/FQTS settings with one controlling which frequent flyer program determines which benefits you get and the other which one will get the assigned miles / status points.

Read up about this in the following thread which even gives the keystrokes that the check in staff use to set this up as not all of them know how to do it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...ing-issue.html
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
It's usually not a problem to do at the gate, but if you're waiting until that close to departure because you want to use the lounge, I'd recommend instead that you make the change in the NZ lounge. Gate agents are usually swamped. Outside of NZ, the ground agents are usually contracted and are less familiar with the process to change it -- at MEL, for example, the QF gate agents contracted by NZ to work the NZ flight weren't at all knowledgeable and couldn't make this change for me. So, I'd recommend not waiting until the gate to make the change. Lounge or check-in counter. Lounge can still be accessed by showing your *G card regardless of what's on your boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.