Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MEL lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I'm back over there for the weekend of the 29/30th April. Murphy's Law says it'll open on the Monday.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by TPJ
AUSBT article says "by May'. I am flying on May 2 and knowing my lack, I will end up in the ex-UA lounge. Well...
Oh great, it just encouraged me to upgrade my next MEL-AKL flight to PE so I can just eat on the plane

Maybe this lounge delay might work out good for NZ.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Having just flown back from MEL during the F1 GP weekend last night... flight was full and there was a small queue at the temporary lounge...

... thus didn't even bother and made a beeline for SQ.

Lounge agent didn't even try to divert me away (pretty sure they've seen a fair share of NZ HVCs by now showing up) and the lounge was empty, almost deserted even until actual SQ pax showed up for SQ208 (or SQ218).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.