Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MEL lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Wlg will be post Security once the work on the terminal is done, they are moving to security to the end of the pier.
Great to hear. I was in WLG yesterday and had been just a month or so prior and the changes already in the terminal heading down towards Gate 14 way are rather impressive. It will be interesting to see the new layout.
Old May 29, 2016, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by codyc1515
I would not hesitate to say that it is smaller than the CHC regional.
Huh?

Christchurch regional is full at about 20 people. Koru in Wellington holds something like 250 people seated.

The fact it's prior to security is not within Air NZ's control and that changes in a couple of months anyway once centralised screening is in place.
Old May 29, 2016, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Christchurch regional is full at about 20 people.
When was the last time you have visited? There has been some big changes to the lounge over the years. On a busy day it is not uncommon to see 50-150 in the lounge. I certainly hope you were not referring to the Koru Express?

Last edited by codyc1515; May 29, 2016 at 1:57 am Reason: clarified question
Old May 29, 2016, 2:00 am
Original Poster

CHC Regional = Koru Express

The main lounge is not a regional lounge.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Originally Posted by codyc1515
Great to hear. I was in WLG yesterday and had been just a month or so prior and the changes already in the terminal heading down towards Gate 14 way are rather impressive. It will be interesting to see the new layout.
New layout hopefully in place by the end of July. The full width of the south west pier will be utilised for the central security and on the north side an anti pass back lane ala CHC domestic.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djsteve
New layout hopefully in place by the end of July. The full width of the south west pier will be utilised for the central security and on the north side an anti pass back lane ala CHC domestic.
Hope the anti pass back lane is more secure than CHC which offers absolutely zero security. You could get anything you wanted airside due to the incredibly poor design.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Hope the anti pass back lane is more secure than CHC which offers absolutely zero security. You could get anything you wanted airside due to the incredibly poor design.
one would hope so. It is also right next to security, so good surveillance I would imagine
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:32 pm

Are you referring to the double doors as you exit the secured domestic gates? If so, yes, they seem incredibly insecure. Although I imagine it would be difficult to not get notice by security on camera (which is ultimately the whole point).

The rotating "doors" towards the end of the terminal which exists closer to Burger King are arguably much more secure.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Back on topic, visited the temporary MEL lounge today, similar location, but on level 1, not ground level as original lounge.

Quite a large space, but bland looking, no windows, but seems to be all the same furniture moved from original lounge, same food/beverage offerings.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ *G,
Just on this temp lounge - I was there on Sunday and found it a lot nicer , more room, more spaced out A little different not having any windows but still found it ok. I did go to the Singapore lounge - the lady asked me am I trying to find the Air NZ lounge - I said I would like to enter this lounge and she let me in
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Anyone know what when the new Lounge is meant to be ready?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Anyone know what when the new Lounge is meant to be ready?
I asked but I can't quite remember, I think it was 6 months? So add on another 2?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I asked but I can't quite remember, I think it was 6 months? So add on another 2?
6 months to refurbish a lounge? It only took 13 to build the Empire State building!
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Must be an pretty impressive refit to take 6months, looks like I might try get into the VA lounge before going airside.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
http://www.ausbt.com.au/virgin-austr...iness-as-usual

Luxon quoted in this article as saying by end of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.