Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787 Business Class seating

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by smandkjc
Does the 789 disembark from the front of Bus class or from PE or both?
How was immigration at that time of the day, it used to be just the AirNZ flight when it arrived at night but I guess the morning arrival may be a lot busier with flights from elsewhere.
We fly AKL-HNL in 4K and 5K next Thursday.
789 J fights I've been on have typically disembarked through PE only, 1L is not used. I've had one exception where it was used arriving at Auckland, but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Customs and immigration have been good for me every time so far, I haven't had a bad run through Auckland for quite some time though and I typically use smart gate for immigration. There certainly doesn't seem to be a large queue at customs though.
Old May 26, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand NZ*S
Originally Posted by KiwiJC
789 J fights I've been on have typically disembarked through PE only, 1L is not used. I've had one exception where it was used arriving at Auckland, but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Customs and immigration have been good for me every time so far, I haven't had a bad run through Auckland for quite some time though and I typically use smart gate for immigration. There certainly doesn't seem to be a large queue at customs though.
Thanks but I did mean arriving at Honolulu.
They do have the ability to embark and disembark at both 1L and 2L.
Auckland always seems to be a problem at Customs.
Old May 26, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I too have wondered about queues at HNL with the new arrival time. Air NZ was the only arrival around 9pm so it was always really quick.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by smandkjc
Thanks but I did mean arriving at Honolulu.
They do have the ability to embark and disembark at both 1L and 2L.
Auckland always seems to be a problem at Customs.
Flown that sector twice on the 789 now and 2L was used each time at HNL. The queue at immigration was relatively long (1hr+ apparently from some fellow PAX) however those that can should obviously use the smartgates. We were waived through customs.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand NZ*S
Originally Posted by ZaphB
Flown that sector twice on the 789 now and 2L was used each time at HNL. The queue at immigration was relatively long (1hr+ apparently from some fellow PAX) however those that can should obviously use the smartgates. We were waived through customs.
Smart gates at HNL must be new, I did read that they were going to install them, who can use them?
Old May 27, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: NZ G
The HNL smartgate can be used by anyone who has already entered the USA on the WVP on that passport (and had all the usual fingerprinting etc done). The smartgate is very straightforward - no need to go through the usual customs line (assuming there are no flags etc with your smartgate approval).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.