Search

Koru club and fast track at AKL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:27 pm
Hp3
Original Poster

Koru club and fast track at AKL

Hello,

I'm new to Koru club and am wondering if there are any fast track immigration privileges in AKL when I travel WLG-AKL-HKG this weekend, all flights being in economy on Air NZ.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Yes. Take the lift up from premium check in area. Air NZ ticketed flight still applies
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:03 pm
Hp3
Original Poster

Thanks dadig!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
The last newsletter mentioned premium check in was closing 1st may for an upgrade? Not sure where the interim area will be but there is still an express lane if you have to use the main escalators to go up instead of elevators. It's on the far right to clear security etc
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
The last newsletter mentioned premium check in was closing 1st may for an upgrade? Not sure where the interim area will be but there is still an express lane if you have to use the main escalators to go up instead of elevators. It's on the far right to clear security etc
That explains why last week the customs counters had been removed after the lift, and there we're now shared with other airlines.

I wonder the the premium check-in area will disappear completely? I notice recently that Qantas premium check-in has now become there Y check-in zone.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I wonder the the premium check-in area will disappear completely?
Priority airport check-in is a Star Alliance gold benefit - http://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-status. So Air NZ shouldn't really be removing it totally.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
That explains why last week the customs counters had been removed after the lift, and there we're now shared with other airlines.
That changed months ago. When the new smartgate exit machines were installed (the one step ones), premium immigration lane for other airlines was moved from the left hand side to the right and shared with NZ.

Unfortunately the new system isn't working properly. Last week there was only one officer on the shared premium immigration and she directed all non-NZ pax to join the regular immigration lane (non smartgate). Thus actually slower than just going directly to the regular lane or to using smartgate.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Unfortunately the new system isn't working properly. Last week there was only one officer on the shared premium immigration and she directed all non-NZ pax to join the regular immigration lane (non smartgate). Thus actually slower than just going directly to the regular lane or to using smartgate.
Which make me wonder why they couldn't just install a couple of Smart Gates in the premium immigration area? the latest version were you just insert your passport are pretty quick, and if not quicker than the officer at the Premium Desk.

A couple years back there was one of the new model there as a trail and it was great.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Trumpkin
Priority airport check-in is a Star Alliance gold benefit - http://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-status. So Air NZ shouldn't really be removing it totally.
While its an benefit, it doesn't say what it has to look like e.g. doesn't say it needs to be an massive room seperate from the rest of check-in.
Old May 1, 2016, 8:24 pm

Location: Auckland NZ or somewhere in or over the South Pacific
Programs: NZ *GE
The way it looked last night when I walked past was the premium check in was going to be to the right of the existing automatic machines, no longer inside a separate room, should have taken a photo to show what I mean.

I wonder the the premium check-in area will disappear completely? I notice recently that Qantas premium check-in has now become there Y check-in zone.
Old May 1, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Which make me wonder why they couldn't just install a couple of Smart Gates in the premium immigration area? the latest version were you just insert your passport are pretty quick, and if not quicker than the officer at the Premium Desk.

A couple years back there was one of the new model there as a trail and it was great.
They aren't exactly cheap, and it's difficult to get airports to foot the bill for SmartGate.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I guess Air NZ is looking to save cost yet again rather than having dedicated premium check in area. I see it is as a value add product differentiator but guess bottom line maters
Old May 2, 2016, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Trumpkin
Be careful... The last time I quoted listed *A benefits I was accused of the most heinous act of DYKWIA known to human kind!
Old May 2, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Was this in the Koru Club newsletter or elsewhere? I must have missed it.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
May be the first *A Gold Track airport down under?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.