Wiki Posts
Search

Gifting Recognition Upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold
Gifting Recognition Upgrades?

I just hit Gold last week and I see I get two Recognition upgrades with my status upgrade, am I able to gift one to my Fiance or request an upgrade for her using one of them if we are flying together NZ to Honolulu booked via my Air NZ account?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
No, only Elite can gift upgrades.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold
Right, so one up is probably our best bet.

If I One up request us both via the same request is it an all or nothing proposition? Not to interested in us flying different classes.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Johnnynz
Right, so one up is probably our best bet.

If I One up request us both via the same request is it an all or nothing proposition? Not to interested in us flying different classes.
If you want to both be in the same cabin you'll either need to lodge OneUp upgrades together or find somebody you know who's Elite who can gift you both a standby upgrade.

If you wanted to use RU's you could then lodge a OneUp for her if you get the PNR split (assuming you're both on the same PNR now) but there is no guarantee her upgrade will clear and you'll be above her in priority.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.