Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Do Airnz bookings have Galileo booking refs (or similar)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite

I have an upcoming trip NZ - Singapore - UK - Japan - NZ. Some legs on on Air NZ others on Singapore and BA. I would like to be able to check in online where possible, however from previous experience I don't believe I'll be able to do this on Singapore/BA unless I have a Galileo (or similar) booking reference.

Does anyone know if AirNZ uses these? Any help very much appreciated.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
BA and SQ use Amadeus. You should be able to ring up ANZ (or whoever issued the ticket) and request the Amadeus booking reference.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Air New Zealand doesn't use either, they use there own system called Carina.

You should be able to check-in online on the Air New Zealand website for the NZ flight number sectors, provided you have got the PNR from Air New Zealand. You're Air New Zealand PNR will always end with H.

If connecting to Air New Zealand from another airline, they should be able to check you in online depending on there system.

I recently flew Swiss/Air New Zealand on FCO-ZHR-PVG-AKL and Swiss was able to online check me into AKL.

Note that in the transit point NZ will make you have you're boarding pass re-issued, and if you don't do so they will probably page you to the gate for this to be done.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:15 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Which airline (or major travel agency) is the ticket issued with? Contact them and ask for the BA, SQ and NZ PNRs. They should differ. Strictly if you have either BA or SQ PNR then you can lookup the other through checkmytrip or similar (depending on which GDS they use).
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Hi there my flights were booked directly with AirNZ.

I called AirNZ to query a couple of days back and got quite a weird non-response of sorts from the call centre (literally would not answer my question and the team member seemed a bit cross i was asking which I found odd). I wanted to see what info this forum could provide so I was in a better position to ask the right questions when I phone the call centre back again today. The info has been useful so thanks everyone!

Long story but there are a couple of reasons I am looking to have this number up my sleeve. Aside from wanting it to complete online check in, I had some major issues a couple of years ago when flying from London to Warsaw on LOT (again on AirNZ booked/ticketed flights). Due to a major disconnect between the AirNZ/LOT systems I was almost stopped from flying and at that time the AirNZ booking reference was useless. So... keen to avoid that ever happening again.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Redkiwi
Hi there my flights were booked directly with AirNZ.

I called AirNZ to query a couple of days back and got quite a weird non-response of sorts from the call centre (literally would not answer my question and the team member seemed a bit cross i was asking which I found odd). I wanted to see what info this forum could provide so I was in a better position to ask the right questions when I phone the call centre back again today. The info has been useful so thanks everyone!
If you had asked the question in the way you did here it's not surprising you didn't get a response. 99% would probably not understand what you wanted.

If you call Air NZ (or SQ and BA) and simply ask for the SQ and BA PNR's associated with your booking and give them your NZ PNR and your details you'll get their PNR which will allow you to change seats, check in etc from the SQ and BA websites.

There is nothing difficult about what you want to do and it's something I do all the time normally just by ringing the airline involved directly as there are occasions where Air NZ don't necessarily have the mapped PNR of the other airline if it's not a codeshare. My pick would be you simply totally confused the Air NZ staff, especially if you started asking about Galileo.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
If you had asked the question in the way you did here it's not surprising you didn't get a response. 99% would probably not understand what you wanted.

If you call Air NZ (or SQ and BA) and simply ask for the SQ and BA PNR's associated with your booking and give them your NZ PNR and your details you'll get their PNR which will allow you to change seats, check in etc from the SQ and BA websites.

There is nothing difficult about what you want to do and it's something I do all the time normally just by ringing the airline involved directly as there are occasions where Air NZ don't necessarily have the mapped PNR of the other airline if it's not a codeshare. My pick would be you simply totally confused the Air NZ staff, especially if you started asking about Galileo.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Hi there, just to clarify... when I called AirNZ the other day I actually simply asked if there was an alternative booking reference or similar for the codeshare flights. Due to the response they gave and after a wee bit of googling, I decided to come on here to query if I should be using a term such as 'Galileo' (or similar) as I know this place is a wealth of knowledge.

I'm happy to report that I've just rung up AirNZ and asked the same simple question about an alternative booking reference and this time got one straight away. I didn't need to ask anything different or ask for PNR etc but thanks to you all for your helpful responses as now I know those terms for future reference
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Sometimes if you get a confused response from ringing Air NZ, just ring back again and speak with another person which will often get you the info you need.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Anytime you book a codeshare flight operated by another carrier, or any non-NZ flights on the same booking, it generates a unique PNR (passenger name record) on that airline's reservation system. However, if you book multiple airlines that share a system (like LH/LX/OS) usually all those carriers' flights will be on a single PNR.

If a travel agent books your ticket they can access all the PNR codes for any airlines in their system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.