Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air New Zealand alliances

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Air New Zealand alliances

I am due to fly from London to NZ return but don't have an air points card. Can I use my Virgin Atlantic card or would it be better to sign up for an Airpoints card?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Although virgin Atlantic are co-op partners with air NZ, the air NZ website only talks about the benefits for airpoints customers. You could try checking the virgin Atlantic website about what benefits virgin Atlantic customers get and if you can accrue points and status credits - or whatever the local currencies are called.

If you joined airpoints you could spend airpoints dollars on virgin Atlantic.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Very helpful
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Krisande75 Welcome to FT

What is the fare booking class? Is a letter. Not just Y (generic economy) if flying economy. Some lost cost Air NZ fares earn nil ff miles
http://www.wheretocredit.com/air-new-zealand (may not be accurate)

You may be better to earn some ff miles to Virgin Atlantic than AirNZ airpoints that you may not be able to use, even if at a lower %.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: NZ Gold
It probably depends on whether you will be flying NZ again. For example, LHR-AKL will earn you enough APD for a domestic fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.