Rollover points and banked years

Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Rollover points and banked years

Hi
If at the end of the qualifying year you are slightly short of Status Points but the rolled over points from the previous year combined with the current year points are enough to meet the 810 Airnz and 1350 Status Point total does AIRNZ take the rolled over SP FIRST or take the banked years FIRST?

ps if the took the bank years first then the rollover points there will be no point in having roll over points until all the banked years are gone!

Last edited by Beano; Jan 7, 2016 at 7:18 am Reason: more info
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
No personal experience and your situation is not in the terms and conditions but I suspect they'll let you do the roll over to make Elite rather than taking a banked year. As you elude to, it would be unfair otherwise.

If for some reason they take the banked year - please let us know just for interest.

(Side question, did you manage to switch your TT flight to VA on the way to the US - as per another thread?)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Rollover SP points/Banked year and points to Virgin

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
No personal experience and your situation is not in the terms and conditions but I suspect they'll let you do the roll over to make Elite rather than taking a banked year. As you elude to, it would be unfair otherwise.

If for some reason they take the banked year - please let us know just for interest.

(Side question, did you manage to switch your TT flight to VA on the way to the US - as per another thread?)
I had rung twice and had 2 different answers so I emailed the Elite team today
Very prompt answer

Thank you for your inquiry regarding retaining Elite status.

Should a member be unable to earn sufficient Status Points during their 12 month review period, their account is assessed for:

Roll-over Status Points
A Banked Year

The assessment is made in that order.

Where Status Points have been rolled over and are needed in order to retain status, it is still necessary to fulfil the obligation in regard to the total required from travel on Air New Zealand services.

I trust that the above information is helpful.

With regards to crediting TT to Virgin I still uncertain if the TT can be Virgin and the Trans Pacific to Airnz as I credited the total flight to Virgin
But Virgin did give me 2 credits for the 2 sectors

ps Slightly off the point but Airnz Elite has many more benefits over gold than Virgin platinum over their gold and Airnz Elite is certainly well worth retaining

Overall I am a bit disappointed with the additional benefits of Virgin platinum over their gold and will not bother in future years to retain Platinum

I think Virgin Gold and One World Gold is a better mix than just Virgin Platinum .....
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
That's good news Thanks for sharing.

Yes I've read some of the reviews of VA gold / platinum and I would agree with your conclusion.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Sorry to revive an old thread, but can you earn multiple banked years? So for example, you earn 2400 SP's in a requal year which requalifies you for the next year and earns you a banked year. Do you then get additional banked years for every 1050 SP earned in the same year or can you only earn 1 banked year within each requalification period?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Sorry to revive an old thread, but can you earn multiple banked years? So for example, you earn 2400 SP's in a requal year which requalifies you for the next year and earns you a banked year. Do you then get additional banked years for every 1050 SP earned in the same year or can you only earn 1 banked year within each requalification period?
I have seen people with upwards of 25 (!!) banked years. So yes I imagine it is definitely possible. More off topic, how are some of these people acquiring so many years? Seems ridiculous to me. You must be spending upwards of $50k p/a on air travel.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
50k on flights isn't a particulary high spending customer. I know around half a dozen people who spend that easily.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.