Wiki Posts
Search

Extra koru club passes Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Extra koru club passes Suggestions?

For a gold member to take 2 guests into the koru club is the only way to an extra pass is by the way of
Using a kiwibank or ANZ? (We choose the Westpac ..only just realised they don't give lounge passes)
(I was told they don't sell access anymore)
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by Beano
For a gold member to take 2 guests into the koru club is the only way to an extra pass is by the way of
Using a kiwibank or ANZ? (We choose the Westpac ..only just realised they don't give lounge passes)
(I was told they don't sell access anymore)
Unless it's changed in the last 12 months, i'm sure they still sell access.

Before I reached gold I paid $50 to get into LAX lounge for a long layover.. But they also say if the lounge is busy or full they decline to sell access. It's something thats not promoted.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I haven't seen any mention of paid access being removed.

What lounge was it? Paid access is not available at all lounges, and vouchers are not accepted at all lounges (such as partner lounges and LAX) either .
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Yes NZ posted a reply on their Twitter account that paid access is no longer offered.
Reason was to improve the experience of their most frequent/best customers or somesuch thing.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:36 pm

I would have hardly thought paid access was an issue - the bigger issue seems to be that they gave Gold away to thousands of customers and now give Koru passes to anybody who spends money on their credit card!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:20 am

I asked the question a week or two ago as couldnt see official note about paid ad hoc entry on the website anymore.. and as always paid to take extra colleagues in to the lounge.. or could sometimes manage to buy in even when flying another airline etc.. I would have thought it would have been more profitable for airnz @ $35 or $55 a pop than the members annual fees... seems not as they emailed back and confirmed the door is shut to non members.. maybe lack of space issues nowadays?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Koru has an guest card product - I've used it a couple of times now for when I needed an extra guest a couple of times in an short period. You could see if they would sell one to an Gold?

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/koru-membership
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I would have hardly thought paid access was an issue - the bigger issue seems to be that they gave Gold away to thousands of customers and now give Koru passes to anybody who spends money on their credit card!
Well they didn't "give" Gold away, the banks pay for it..

On an unrelated note, this has been bugging me for a long time. cavemanzk - why do you always use "an" incorrectly?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:10 pm
weo

Programs: AIR NZ, AEROPLAN, MILEAGE+
Duh Wa? How to get gold status from bank card please?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by weo
Duh Wa? How to get gold status from bank card please?
You're a little late. Thousands of people got this earlier in the year when Westpac were aggressively targeting BNZ customers when they replaced them as an Airpoints partner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.