Wiki Posts
Search

SQ to NZ transfer in AKL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
SQ to NZ transfer in AKL

I'm flying Singapore to Auckland and then connecting to Christchurch... is 2 hours a sufficient connection time to clear immigration, get our bags and re-checkin at AKL? Reading here I will need to walk to domestic terminal but seems quite close.

If my SQ flight to AKL is delayed say 30 minutes, will 1 hour 30 minutes be too tight?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Piles of time.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
If your on an single ticket, they will simply re-book you on the next flight if needed.

There at-least 20 flights a day on NZ between AKL-CHC, pretty every hour during the day, and every 30 minutes during the AM/PM peaks.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by Fast6
Piles of time.
maybe it is... but really depending on how busy customs is. sometimes the queues are long and there is nothing that one can do if the officers decided to search through everything .... assuming that one has to clear custom at AKL before checking in at domestic
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this all on 1 PNR/ticket? 2 hours is aplenty of time. I have done it in 25 mintues (later incoming flight)
Originally Posted by mmonster
.. assuming that one has to clear custom at AKL before checking in at domestic
You need to clear immigration, customs and quarantine at AKL with all your baggage. Existing immigration turn right and go to the Air NZ domestic check in the international terminal to drop your bags and/or get a new boarding pass, if needed.

To the domestic terminal take the free shuttle bus or walk the blue line (10-12 minutes walk)
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:42 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
On a single ticket 2 hours is sufficient, particularly at that time of day (as there are lots of later CHC flights on which to be rebooked if SQ flights is particularly late). On separate tickets I'd book a later CHC flight to be comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.