Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Airpoint credit using other country website

Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:57 am
Original Poster

All,

If I'm registered in NZ for airpoints but make a booking on the ANZ Australia website, will I still be credited with the same airpoints that I would booking on the NZ website?

It doesn't allow me to log-in to the site but it only refers to airpoints reward bookings.. I'm confused.

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Using Australian website

Originally Posted by LHR77W
All,

If I'm registered in NZ for airpoints but make a booking on the ANZ Australia website, will I still be credited with the same airpoints that I would booking on the NZ website?

It doesn't allow me to log-in to the site but it only refers to airpoints reward bookings.. I'm confused.

Thanks
Yes you still will get credited with aitpoints you just can't buy the ticket with airpoints on the Australian site
You can only pay with Australian dollars
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Beano
Yes you still will get credited with aitpoints you just can't buy the ticket with airpoints on the Australian site
That's interesting. Do you know if you can use the call centre to buy a ticket with APD (if calling from oz?). I would have assumed that if you had the APD in the account then they were yours to use! But I've never tried this.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
That's interesting. Do you know if you can use the call centre to buy a ticket with APD (if calling from oz?). I would have assumed that if you had the APD in the account then they were yours to use! But I've never tried this.
Yes you can but a service fee will apply.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beano
That's great thank you! I wasn't sure how to do it, so I temporarily changed my country of residence to AUS just so that I would be sure that it would register my Airpoints account with the booking. I wasn't sure if just by putting in my airpoints account number if that would essentially do the same thing, but I assume it would.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.