Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777-300 Economy Bulkhead Row 48

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Feedback on SeatGuru is pretty negative about 10X seating on the 773, generally. Will the fixed armrests narrow bulkhead seats to intolerable levels? We're not large people.

Also, if the screens are on the walls, does the distance create any issues?

Originally Posted by GeorgieNZ
Personally, flying with family i'd take a bulkhead if I could get it. Possible downsides are that you can get bumped out of it if there are babies who need bassinets, limited full stretch legroom (though i find bulkheads better and less constricting on knees), lower quality screens (which can't be used at take off and landing like others can - this can take an hour of use out of the flight now compared to others) and of course, crying babies. Still, if you favour personal space - bulkhead it is.

Last edited by Hank Moody; Oct 1, 2015 at 3:22 pm
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: NZ*G
screens are folded into seats and have to be put away for landing and takeoff. 10 across is uncomfortable for adults. I've not found bulkheads any worse.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by GeorgieNZ
screens are folded into seats and have to be put away for landing and takeoff. 10 across is uncomfortable for adults. I've not found bulkheads any worse.
48AB-DEFG-JK all have the screen on the wall in front, 48 C/H have an fold out screen.

Is there not anything on your flight left in 37-43 HJK on your flight? these SkyCouch seats, but are normally sold as perfed seats. You won't be able to fully use the SkyCouch function (you only get the seatbelt pack if you pay for SkyCouch), but you get the use of the leg rests that are build into these seats for SkyCouch. In the window seat you could extend the leg rest up to the flat position, and create more of flat surface for your child. While you could have your leg reset up partly for yourself, the back cabin doesn't have leg reset

Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Did not realize there were legrests in that cabin. I'll have to investigate.

The ANZ website does say the recline is a little more limited than the rear cabin. Should this be a concern?

Originally Posted by cavemanzk

Is there not anything on your flight left in 37-43 HJK on your flight? these SkyCouch seats, but are normally sold as perfed seats. You won't be able to fully use the SkyCouch function (you only get the seatbelt pack if you pay for SkyCouch), but you get the use of the leg rests that are build into these seats for SkyCouch. In the window seat you could extend the leg rest up to the flat position, and create more of flat surface for your child. While you could have your leg reset up partly for yourself, the back cabin doesn't have leg reset
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Hank Moody
The ANZ website does say the recline is a little more limited than the rear cabin. Should this be a concern?
The recline is only 3cm less in the SkyCouch rows, if anything it's an bonus as the person in front won't be reclining into your face as much.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

In the forward cabin, the master seating chart lists Preferred Seats (rows 35-43 on the right) and Skycouch seats (rows 44-46 on the right and 40-46 on the left).

Currently, Preferred rows 40-43 on the right are available. All Skycouch is blocked out, but I think it's because I haven't paid the $200 up-charge. The flight is still three months away.

Between Preferred or Skycouch in the forward cabin, or bulkhead in the rear, what's best?

Last edited by Hank Moody; Oct 1, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:39 pm

If you have an look at http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/seat-map-boeing-777-300 the seats in-green on this map are fitted with the leg-reset. Personally I go with as forward as possible, aisle is very narrow so less people to pass you the better

Here's what I'm getting for AKL-LAX, all the purples are $39NZD each.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

I just got off the phone with ANZ, and they're telling me that all economy seats -- Preferred, Skycouch and standard, have footrests. Thus, it doesn't seem apparent to me what advantages there are to the forward cabin, except that maybe it's a little quieter.

I've never been on one of these planes and I don't mind paying extra. But am I getting anything at all?

Also, is Skycouch of any use when it's 2 adults and a 6 year old child using the row?

If you have an look at http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/seat-map-boeing-777-300 the seats in-green on this map are fitted with the leg-reset. Personally I go with as forward as possible, aisle is very narrow so less people to pass you the better

Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Hank Moody
I just got off the phone with ANZ, and they're telling me that all economy seats -- Preferred, Skycouch and standard, have footrests. Thus, it doesn't seem apparent to me what advantages there are to the forward cabin, except that maybe it's a little quieter.
By foot reset, they mean a small mesh footrest of the seat in front.

We're as the SkyCouch rows feature, and leg rest that folds out and gives support to your legs.

Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Is it of use when you're sitting up?

By foot reset, they mean a small mesh footrest of the seat in front.

We're as the SkyCouch rows feature, and leg rest that folds out and gives support to your legs.

Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by SeaProf
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbiddle

Wearing a seatbelt while seated is pretty much the norm everywhere I've flown in the world outside the US.

I think it's the norm in the US as well. I've noticed Air NZ is much quicker than United to turn off the fasten seat belt sign, especially after take-off.
NZ metal have the seatbelt off sign preset to turn off once the metal passes through 10000.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me the window config in 48A?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!

As an aside, have you ever been checked for colour blindness?

Alternatively, I need a new monitor.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by SeriouslyLost
As an aside, have you ever been checked for colour blindness?

Alternatively, I need a new monitor.
SkyCouch seats are coloured green when SkyCouch is added to the booking, however in this case they are marked as Unavailable because the booking would have been made for standard economy.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Twas a joke, m'lad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.