Wiki Posts
Search

WOW.. that was fast.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
WOW.. that was fast.

I applied for a renewal of my 10 Year Passport (I was probably one of the only people who had a valid 10 Year one in NZ) at 14:14 yesterday (as it expires on Sunday) yesterday. I got confirmation today at 12:39 than its being sent out.

It was a shame I couldn't wait for another couple of months or I would have got a new 10 Year one but I have to get a 5 Year now at the moment :-(

They said it would take 10 days online and an urgent one would take 3 days. but 2 days is impressive for a standard renewal.

The only probably I had was taking the Photo myself.. (Right size/ratio/no shadows etc) but they accepted it with no problem.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Based on a few people I know in recent months who have has new passports as well this seems to be a fairly typical timeframe. It's amazing how efficient they are!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Earlier this year I ordered mine on Wednesday afternoon and already had it by Friday morning!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:22 pm
Suspended

And the relevance to an Air NZ forum is?...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
And the relevance to an Air NZ forum is?...
Maybe the NZ bit and the requirement to have a passport to leave our glorious shores.
Any way need something here to get people talking as it has been so quiet for months.
Drop, cover roll here come da bombs!!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by wayoutwest
Maybe the NZ bit and the requirement to have a passport to leave our glorious shores.
Any way need something here to get people talking as it has been so quiet for months.
Drop, cover roll here come da bombs!!
I thought it was interesting and relevant, with 5 year passports it was a worry getting the timing right between trips to apply for a new one.
I too have wondered about the quietness, is everybody happy, or have lots of HVC's taken their business elsewhere?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by edmm
I thought it was interesting and relevant, with 5 year passports it was a worry getting the timing right between trips to apply for a new one.
I too have wondered about the quietness, is everybody happy, or have lots of HVC's taken their business elsewhere?
Happy as Larry looking forward to trying out the NZ Syd lounge (especially if they can do a nice mojito cocktail!) and the new Akl lounge when it opens (secretly hoping for nice cocktails there too but if it's the usual offerings then that's not the end of the world either). And looking forward to the beech aircraft disappearing off the radar. I'll look to the back of the magazine for updates

I'm glad they're going back to 10 yr passports.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:41 pm

Very fast processing at the moment, everyone is holding off for the 10yr version before renewing. Expect it to suddenly get very slow when a huge rush of people apply after November 30th.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Mine expires March 2016, very much looking forward to 10 year passport again!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:35 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
My Canadian one is a 5er, but it'll become a 10er next year. My Irish/EU one has always been a 10er. I'm 2 years from getting NZ citizenship.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
Relevance to Airnz ? Well if I don't have a Passport then I can't use AirNZ to get out of NZ :-)

Every time I went to Australia within the 6 months of expiring the machines always used to beep at me and tell me to go see someone real so the staff could tell me I only had 6 months on my passport - which I knew (even if 6 months left on my NZ Passport was not a requirement to go to Australia - Only a Valid One)
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Craig Whitmore
Relevance to Airnz ? Well if I don't have a Passport then I can't use AirNZ to get out of NZ
That's where your basic error is - using Air NZ for international flights.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:59 am

Looks like someone has been fishing znd forgot to bring their line in....
Good to know though that you only need passport if flying with NZ, any other airline sounds like no passport needed,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.