Apple watch app

Old May 6, 2015, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE
Apple watch app

Has anyone actually managed to successfully check in at the gate with this? Can't work out how to without draining precious battery time, when it goes to sleep every time I turn my wrist upside down..
Old May 6, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/air-...304851207?mt=8

"Can't board with Watch app

by thebrockoli
Unfortunately boarding passes in the Watch app don't work, as the screen automatically turns off when you rotate the Watch upside down to scan at the gate. As a workaround, boarding passes stored in Passbook on Watch work fine - Apple is able to keep the screen on in that app, no matter how you're waving your arm about. Otherwise, the design of the Watch app is fantastic!"
Old May 6, 2015, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE
Seriously? So it actually doesn't work and it's not just me...
After all that hype, first in NZ etc.
That's really disappointing. Not having to scrabble around for phone or boarding passes was what I was looking forward to most.
Old May 8, 2015, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Flygirlnz
Seriously? So it actually doesn't work and it's not just me...
After all that hype, first in NZ etc.
That's really disappointing. Not having to scrabble around for phone or boarding passes was what I was looking forward to most.
I have emailed AirNZ last week regarding the "problem" 3 days ago with a response of usually 24 Hours response.. nothing yet..
Old May 15, 2015, 9:56 pm

From AirNZ

Thank you for your enquiry regarding using the Apple watch to board your flights.

Due to the function that Apple have installed which puts the watch into sleep mode when it is turned face down, please see the advice below.

To board using the boarding pass on the watch, customers need to turn their wrist upside down to face the scanner, and then 'tap' the face of the watch once with their finger - this will awaken the watch from sleep mode and allow the boarding pass to be read, even though the watch is facing downwards.
Old May 15, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
or just use their boarding pass and don't hold up the queue
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
sorry a bit late to this thread but if you add your boarding pass to passbook prior, the screen will not turn off when scanning face down. An extra step else the workaround will work posted by Craig

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.