Wiki Posts
Search

Tier status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold
Tier status

I will be raised from Gold to Elite on 8th May. I am unlikely to retain Elite over the next year. My question is come my status points anniversary in a years time (8 May 2016) and I haven't earned enough for Elite I assume I drop to Gold for a year, if I have earned more than 810 status points between 8 May 2015 and 8 May 2016? In this case would I be Gold from 8 May 2016 - 8 May 2017? If I earned less than 810 status points over the next 12 months would I drop from Elite to Silver?

Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Air NZ does "soft landings" for tier status

So if you don't meet Elite re-qualification requirements, you will be dropped to Gold. Same with Gold -> Silver.

Even if you didn't earn anything (0) during your Elite re-qualification period, you'll still soft land back to Gold for your next year, and so on until you land back in the realms of lowly Jade.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
When you are Elite and you can't earn enough to renew Elite, any Status Points earned are meaningless.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold
Well that's good. I just need to focus on earning status points from May 2016 to retain Gold past May 2017.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Believe there is soft landing but there is no roll over (banking) of points on the status for Silver/Gold? i.e. if you have gold, between now and the 2017 date, any points above 810 but less than 1500 will not be banked. So if you know that you won't hit Elite again by 2017, just resume earning SP after your anniversary to retain Gold or you will be dropped to Silver
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by dadig
Believe there is soft landing but there is no roll over (banking) of points on the status for Silver/Gold?
Given there is a rolling twelve month qualification period this is somewhat irrelevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.