Wiki Posts
Search

Refund of Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
Refund of Seat Selection

My wife and I are on Gold and traveling to Sydney at the end of the week.

One reason is to get the SP to get to Elite (And to get an Apple Watch whilst I am there ) and we had to use the RU before they disappeared before we get to GE.

We both went to Economy -> Business (767-300) to Sydney Return via 2 RUs Each.

At the time we picked 2 * Exit Seats on the way back (2 * $20) but now I got the free Upgrade to Business so you think we will get refunded the $40?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: NZ Koru
- https://airnz.custhelp.com/app/answe...Z1pRcl9va20%3D

Paid Seat Select is non-refundable, unless:

There is an aircraft change and Air New Zealand is unable to seat you in a suitable alternative seat.
There is a flight disruption causing you to be moved to another flight and Air New Zealand is unable to seat you in a suitable alternative seat on your new flight.
There is an operational, safely or legal reason that requires Air New Zealand to move you to another seat, where you were not at fault.
You may change your paid Seat Select after you buy it to another seat of lesser, equivalent or greater value. You will not be eligible for a refund if you select a seat of lesser value and you will be charged the difference if moving to a seat of greater value.

Please note that refunds for paid Seat Select is not related to the fare type you have bought.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/seat-...and-conditions

Refunds

Refunds on Paid Seat Select products are not available if you:

cancel your booking, or change your mind and decide not to utilise your prePaid Seat Select; or
have purchased (or someone else purchased on your behalf) the wrong seat by mistake; or
are voluntarily or involuntarily upgraded; or
have purchased a seat in breach of these Terms and Conditions; and or
cannot meet the requirements for an Exit Row Seat (if your preferred seat is an exit row seat).
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
A couple of years ago I had a OneUp bid accepted on a TT flight where I had selected a preferred seat. I called and was able to have the value transferred to another flight - however this was on the same ticket, I do not know if you would be able to transfer it to another booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.