Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

LH codeshare SQ metal, Airpoints accrual

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF

I'm embarrassed I can't figure this out on my own...

Am booked to go to Scotland in September. I'll be flying AKL LAX outbound on NZ metal. Inbound is via SIN on SQ metal SIN AKL. Rest of the flights are all LH.

All flights are coded as LH. All are in W class. On AKL LAX and SIN AKL will I accrue points at the NZ and SQ rates or LH rates or none at all? All carriers list W as discounted economy (or economy saver) in their tables on the Airpoints site.

Not expecting the precise point and status point allocations--just that I'll earn both on all sectors.

Cheers!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Who did you buy the ticket from?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
The booking class of the operating carrier which your codeshare booking class maps out to is what determines your Airpoints accrual. Your AKL-LAX sector is NZ operated so it will earn at NZ rates. SQ and LH have the same rates but be aware that the lowest SQ classes do not accrue Airpoints if one of those is what LH W maps out to. Perhaps call SQ to find out what the booking class for SQ is.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

It's on LH ticket stock, from a corporate agency here in AKL. But like most travel agents they're not the sharpest knives the drawer: they originally claimed there were no reasonable *A options for the dates I need to travel (they have a preferred deal with Emirates). I had to price and PDF the itinerary through expedia and send it to them to get what I wanted. Rather irksome when they charge a large booking fee on top of the fare (company policy). What can you do.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: NZ E, EY G, QF G
Originally Posted by jawnbc
It's on LH ticket stock, from a corporate agency here in AKL. But like most travel agents they're not the sharpest knives the drawer: they originally claimed there were no reasonable *A options for the dates I need to travel (they have a preferred deal with Emirates). I had to price and PDF the itinerary through expedia and send it to them to get what I wanted. Rather irksome when they charge a large booking fee on top of the fare (company policy). What can you do.
OT - have you noticed that LH now charges for advanced seat selection in the discount booking classes? And we're talking ANY seat ...

http://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/pre...icle/2912.html

No exception for *A Gold either ... It ruined my day a couple of weeks ago :-(
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:37 am
Original Poster

I encountered that in February when I last flew them to Europe. For the 2 long red-eyes they operate I'll still prebook seats. The bulkheads are $150NZD but on a 12 hour flight, I'll buy...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.