Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirNZ SP Run

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Yes, I wasn't speculating either - in the last twelve months I have cancelled well over $20k of flights and have checked the SP calculations each month and it is has always worked out.

SPs have never been deducted from my account. You simply have to re-earn them through future spending.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by pbl22
Yes, I wasn't speculating either - in the last twelve months I have cancelled well over $20k of flights and have checked the SP calculations each month and it is has always worked out.

SPs have never been deducted from my account. You simply have to re-earn them through future spending.
But APDs were always deducted right?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
But APDs were always deducted right?
Haven't checked - don't care!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
SP's have not been deducted for me. For AP it matters how the reverse charge/refund was done. I have made purchases in the past and refunded the goods with AP's not deducted
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
However if your purchase is in the double points period and refund is in the normal month, you might get lucky that the banks only deduct at the normal rates. That said, banks could always audit.
Having finally had a look at the Kiwibank website, they explicitly state that reversed or refunded transactions are non-eligible for double status points.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by dadig
SP's have not been deducted for me. For AP it matters how the reverse charge/refund was done. I have made purchases in the past and refunded the goods with AP's not deducted
Hmm, that's not my experience with my GlobalPlus card. If refund amount is greater than spend amount in the same statement cycle, my Airpoints balance will be deducted on statement closing date. Perhaps all the other banks have different setups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.