Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Westpac bumps BNZ as Air NZ points partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westpac bumps BNZ as Air NZ points partner

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Originally Posted by Craig Whitmore
So for many people the "Westpac" Upgrade will end within the next month . We will have to go back to Gold.

I was nearly to Elite a year ago myself and Westpac upgraded me to Elite . Unfortunately, I had a medical issue 8 months ago and it stopped me flying for a while so I couldn't do any overseas trips so I have a month to get 900 status Points (Yea right.. not)

I have 2 Elite RUs and 1 SH RU left which I don't think I can use in a month :-( (I wonder how many new friends I will get now)

Anyway.. Hopefully within the next month another CC Company will give people a good deal. I have not seen any deals yet.
I can be, and send you heart beats from my Apple Watch
Old Apr 25, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: NZ Koru & Silver, Assorted others
Received a letter last week from ANZ saying that they are going to extend the annual fee waiver for another 12 months until April 2017 (saving a further $150) on my platinum card. Interesting and its not the main card I use (Westpac World), only spent somewhere over 40K on the ANZ card (I can tell from those lounge entry passes showing up on my AirNZ account), so I presume the fee waiver applies to all ANZ Platinum card holders?

Has anyone else received the letter?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by flysally
Received a letter last week from ANZ saying that they are going to extend the annual fee waiver for another 12 months until April 2017 (saving a further $150) on my platinum card. Interesting and its not the main card I use (Westpac World), only spent somewhere over 40K on the ANZ card (I can tell from those lounge entry passes showing up on my AirNZ account), so I presume the fee waiver applies to all ANZ Platinum card holders?

When my ANZ account fee was due late last year I simply asked ANZ if they would waive it. I got a call a few hours later confirming it.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by flysally

Yes got same letter couple months back.. good call by ANZ as I was planning on cancel the card prior to annual fee being charged. Called AMEX to see if they would do same but met with resounding no. Oh well it hasnt been very widely accepted anyway. But I enjoyed the 12 months with bonus airpoints and free flight.

Last edited by apjsmith; Apr 26, 2016 at 5:32 am Reason: No words
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:13 am

Just saw that BNZ is doing double cash back rewards to keep things in line - oddly at the airport, I must say it has achieved the intednded effect to draw those who are on the Airpoints program
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by dadig
Just saw that BNZ is doing double cash back rewards to keep things in line - oddly at the airport, I must say it has achieved the intednded effect to draw those who are on the Airpoints program
Its because Westpac is doing double Airpoints from 1May-31July, + 6m intrest free on all new purchases from 1May.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:02 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Has anyone managed to get a fee waiver for the next year for the Westpac card? I rang them a few weeks ago, they have told me to ring back several times, but on every occasion there has been no update. Patience is wearing thin.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by brenrox
Has anyone managed to get a fee waiver for the next year for the Westpac card? I rang them a few weeks ago, they have told me to ring back several times, but on every occasion there has been no update. Patience is wearing thin.
I thought about it when they charged me the first 6-monthly fee. Then figured it wasn't worth the hassle or time. But if anyone is successful without having to push really hard then I'd be interested to hear.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Similar experience here. I've been into a bank branch to request it plus contacted them via their phone line, but haven't heard anything back. The process seems to be stuck with the department that handles the cards.

I've told them that I'm not interested in paying a fee as I've another platinum card with my main bank, so it is a case of a fee waiver or account closure.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:34 pm

Sigh. I went past 70k expenses in 5 months and was about to let the card go
Old May 18, 2016, 11:56 pm

I also said I'd cancel it if they didn't waive it...ironically they have since charged the annual fee since I initiated the request, but apparently no-one has looked into it yet.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:55 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Westpac has charged me the fee. I haven't had the time to ring.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: NZ*E
I got my Kiwibank Platinum Airpoints card over a year ago and have yet to receive an annual bill for the second year. Plenty of time for that to happen I guess, and I'm not going to point it out to Kiwibank.
On another topic, I note that I have yet to receive Status Points and Airpoints in my AirNZ Airpoints account from my mid-May statement. Usually they're there at the same time the monthly Kiwibank statement is sent. Anyone else having the same problem?
Old May 19, 2016, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zoovet
I got my Kiwibank Platinum Airpoints card over a year ago and have yet to receive an annual bill for the second year. Plenty of time for that to happen I guess, and I'm not going to point it out to Kiwibank.
My first annual card feed is due in June and Kiwibank have confirmed to me yesterday that they will not extend any fee waiver despite what other banks are offering.

Hopefully they willl forget to charge me as well!
Old May 21, 2016, 11:19 pm

Request was declined on the 18th. The two customer service people who promised to call me once a decision had came through didn't, so happily cancelled the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.