Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Westpac bumps BNZ as Air NZ points partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westpac bumps BNZ as Air NZ points partner

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Thanks--that is exactly what should happen. I think I'll be letting go of the Kiwibank card later this year. It's the second time this has happened (hold placed, no effort to contact me, rather languid effort to reinstate the card).

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
In regards to ANZ I found that they actually called me when the transaction came up and was held. Once they verified it was OK they let it through with no further holds.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
ANZ rang me a few years ago when I bought 2 iPads at a Dallas Apple Store. They rang me about 20-30 mins after the transaction (I was still at the mall). I had to assure them several times that I was the one who had purchased them.

This was great, as compared with my Amex experience several years ago in Greece where they just cancelled my card on the spot because of purchases in several countries (I was travelling around Europe!). Couldn't get the card operable again until I was back in NZ. After that I always advised Amex exactly what countries I would be using the card in before each trip.

Never had (so far) such issues with Kiwibank and I don't have the ANZ card anymore, so their hold policies clearly don't factor into my decision-making for card usage.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
As someone who has worked in 3 banks I know which one I would avoid. Interestingly my main bank is one that I have never worked for, no coincidence they just gave very good prcing and now their customer service via a personal banker is excellent.
One bank I would completely avoid while another I do not rate their customer service too well but have a CC with them, both of which you have in your list.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by jawnbc
Currently I've got all 3 platinum credit cards: Kiwibank, ANZ and Westpac. But based on this weekend I might have found which one to cancel at the end of this (no fee) year.

Kiwibank put a hold on my card because of suspicious overseas activity on Saturday. Which is fine--I appreciate that--but the transaction was legitimate. However, their system cannot remove a security related hold until the morning after the next business day.

Tuesday morning from Saturday, in other words. I know enough about IT systems that this is a sysop issue rather than a finance one. Has anyone dealt with Westpac or ANZ on this sort of issue? When I lived overseas they removed the holds immediately once I verified the transactions in question.
not sure its similar, but a year or so ago my Westpac credit card (titanium mastercard) used to take up twice as much of the authorised charges when oversea.(i.e. an item HKD700, transaction completed and receipt printed HKD700, BUT bank authorisation would be HKD1400). Happened in many cities in different countries, not just one.

Issue could not be resolved and Westpac said it was merchandise/service provider that had doubled my authorisation charges. Westpac said if the amount not banked, then would automatically drop off 7 days later (not earlier), unless the merchandise/service provider done so.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I had a phone call a few weeks ago on my mobile from ANZ within about 90 seconds of a transaction for a UK online retailer being blocked. While on the phone they whitelisted the site (which is actually a large an online ticket site) allowing me to purchase the tickets.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
For what it's worth...

Westpac World Mastercard. First online transaction with it would not go through. I had to call the bank to 'authorise' the card for online transactions.

Online banking would not set up for a week, then it worked (after phone calls).

Xero data feeds would not work for 10 days. Then started to, and now currently have problems...

Used it fine in NZ and Australia earlier this month, and plenty of online transactions.

In Bali, card was rejected by a Mastercard branded ATM.

3 Different Global Plus Visas worked in the machine perfectly. (Pretty glad I held onto them...)

Westpac has the details and is looking into it.

Frustrating and a bit annoying, but having the double status points appear yesterday helps to ease the pain
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Lots of useful replies--thanks folks!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by tpain
Has anyone received their bonus $200 airpoints from ANZ? I am still waiting for my billing period which ended 3 weeks ago.
I got mine part way through the billing period in which I crossed the required amount to get it ($1000 from memory?).
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: NZ *G, Qantas Gold
Originally Posted by dadig
Funny you mentioned that, because the biggest affected in the recent credit card competition is not BNZ but Amex who are in the sidelines as they also offer similar benefits.
I just applied for one of these also to take advantage of the free domestic return air fare. Has anyone in the past cancelled the card prior to the next annual fee being charged? Is it frowned upon?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Originally Posted by youai779
I just applied for one of these also to take advantage of the free domestic return air fare. Has anyone in the past cancelled the card prior to the next annual fee being charged? Is it frowned upon?
they can frown all they like I intend to cancel mine at the end of the year. I made the appropriate level of purchases to get some free rewards that I then transferred to my emirates account. Amex is a lot harder to use so I don't see any point in keeping it.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
For anybody looking at their statement it seems the APD earn is messed up if you have international transactions. The figure (incl bonus earn) is correct, but it's displayed wrong.

Air NZ website gives me NZ and overseas earn. Statement just gives NZ earn, but the bonus points includes the overseas earn.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:17 pm

You're lucky! ANZ don't even list the APD earning on the statement.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:53 pm

Hopefully someone can give me some guidance - I had 2 recognition upgrades and 2 parking vouchers show up in my Airports account a while back, but no mention of a status change to Elite.

I went from GlobalPlus Plat to Westpac Plat so thought that might be the likely source of these. I had a messy signup with Westpac due to changing from World to Plat during the process, so I'm not surprised it hasn't gone smoothly. Potentially related - my Airpoints account seems to be "tagged" to my Kiwibank Plat - that's the balance I see in my AirNZ website login.

Any suggestions as to how to best attack the Elite status question? I rang AirNZ and they said call the bank (which I will do now).
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Does anyone know what happens to the excess SP credit card earn?

I'll requalify Elite next month but have 5 months until my anniversary. I understand the bean counter will continue to go up with SP from flying but will the SP from the cc also be added? My credit card SP haven't been contributing to SP earn for a wee while.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Does anyone know what happens to the excess SP credit card earn?

I'll requalify Elite next month but have 5 months until my anniversary. I understand the bean counter will continue to go up with SP from flying but will the SP from the cc also be added? My credit card SP haven't been contributing to SP earn for a wee while.
They'll be added to your rollover balance, but still won't count for your 'Earned on Qualifying Flights' quota should you need your rollover points to requalify next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.