Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Koru Lounge, WLG. HEAVING...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE
Domestic Koru Lounge, WLG. HEAVING...

Seriously, never seen anything like it. Even worse than breakast time in Auckland this morning. I know Thursday is the new Friday and all that, but it's at an all time new level of crazy in here.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
+1 its a circus, but it often is at peak time, looking at the attire and uniforms its no longer a business lounge!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Any chance there was an cricket game in WLG yesterday? that could have lead to an influx this morning.

Really think they need to drop the *G sign on the domestic lounges
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Yep. I was in there at 4.30pm and it was madness. Can't even blame the MPs returning home - I only saw three.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Have you seen the temporary lounge in SYD? Always people are standing at any given time. I'd give it a miss as the seats outside the gate are better comfort and atmosphere than the lounge
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:22 pm

AKL pretty full tonight, but...

Might just be the fact I have had an excellent day (business-wise) and a couple of wines, but despite all the complaints about the Koru lounges (of which I have many) you sort of have to be impressed at how efficiently they can feed and 'water' people. The hum tonight is very pub-like, but everyone has a drink, and most have food, with reasonably minimal queues.

Appreciating them for what they are, they're not bad.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
That would really annoy a lot of people. The lounges would certainly be quieter, but probably a lot smaller, a lot fewer, and with reduced amenities.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by ajnz
That would really annoy a lot of people. The lounges would certainly be quieter, but probably a lot smaller, a lot fewer, and with reduced amenities.
Allot of the people traveling domestic with NZ have NZ status, does it really if an UA *G doesn't get access on there once in an life time domestic flight on NZ?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Settle.
Let's not act like you live across the ditch.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Allot of the people traveling domestic with NZ have NZ status, does it really if an UA *G doesn't get access on there once in an life time domestic flight on NZ?
If NZ remove Star Gold based access then intrinsically NZ*G/NZ*E no longer have access - that would clearly annoy a lot of people.

I doubt that non-NZ *G access of the lounges is contributing to the crowding issue at all so removing that access is unlikely to fix the problem. And it would certainly annoy interlining Star pax, which NZ already has a poor enough reputation with.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Any chance there was an cricket game in WLG yesterday? that could have lead to an influx this morning.

Referring to lounge access generally, I would drop Works Deluxe and status earning credit cards before dropping *G.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Referring to lounge access generally, I would drop Works Deluxe and status earning credit cards before dropping *G.
Isn't a big part of the problem (especially in WLG presumably) the number of civil servants, often mid level civil servants, who seem to be getting government funded koru club memberships?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiaotung

Isn't a big part of the problem (especially in WLG presumably) the number of civil servants, often mid level civil servants, who seem to be getting government funded koru club memberships?
Assuming that's true, why is it a "problem"? Air NZ charge for Koru membership, so could be putting that money toward a larger lounge to cater for civil servants.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:10 pm

If anything surely the GE don't help during peak when they arrive with 5 guests. If you get 5 GE all bringing in 5 people in peak, that's an extra 25 people.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:24 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
Assuming that's true, why is it a "problem"? Air NZ charge for Koru membership, so could be putting that money toward a larger lounge to cater for civil servants.
I think its a problem because I think its ridiculous that mid level civil servants should get Koru membership paid for by the taxpayer. IMO its a totally extravagant perk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.