Originally Posted by Rebound
Yep matched within 24 hours also.
+1
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by ANZ787900
Got mine too. 475 status credits over 14 years.. I fly QF a lot
Well, you are doing better than I am.
According to my account... I have 120 Lifetime Status Credits over the past 10 years... quite a way to go to reach LTG!

Originally Posted by SeriouslyLost
What's the email address to send to or that you're all getting a response from? I'm interested to try this from the US with an A3 *G card. I'm not going to credit to QF, but it'd be interesting to try it just to see what happens.
So long as you have a valid New Zealand mailing/postal address (or have friends/family who can lend you theirs) for this offer, why not, I'd go for it.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:37 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Hmmm... just made gold on Qantas, changed some flights from NZ to them for that reason!
Wonder if they match Elites to Platinum if asked (doubt it somehow!)
You have as much chance as I have of QF matching my lifetime diamond plus status, i.e. none.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:40 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Nz79
My chance of retaining gold are poor however, unless in consider giving up elite and try and maintain gold on both.....
QF program is very poor, but then so is NZ. If you are likely to fly QF reasonably often then it may be more valuable to maintain QF gold + NZ gold rather than NZ elite. However if unlikely to fly QF much then QF status isn't worth going out of your way to maintain.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
QF program is very poor, but then so is NZ. If you are likely to fly QF reasonably often then it may be more valuable to maintain QF gold + NZ gold rather than NZ elite. However if unlikely to fly QF much then QF status isn't worth going out of your way to maintain.
I'm waiting for AA to start AKL services.....
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:02 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by ANZ787900
I'm waiting for AA to start AKL services.....
Seems unlikely to me, at least in the near/medium term.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Seems unlikely to me, at least in the near/medium term.
HA is looking to increase services to 5x weekly. I still think there's room there - the gap which QF left behind.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:53 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
I applied tonight at 19:13 approved at 20:19.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
With both airnz and qantas poor ...

If both qantas and Airnz are poor programmes is the best combination for a person who travels from nz and australia and normally accumulates about 2,200 SP pa to go for gold on AIRNZ,qantas and virgin and then you can choose the best deal of the day?

Ps Elite can be retained for a few more years due to banking

Last edited by Beano; Feb 23, 2015 at 5:46 am Reason: More info
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Nz79
Applied at 0800 approved by 1600.

Has to be a Trans Tasman market share grab.
I doubt I would use them for long haul to Asia or beyond, that extra stopover is a deal breaker for me.
I have done a few NZ ticketed Virgin flights to/from Brisbane lately, as NZ times are to early to get in a full day of business for the homeward leg, the service was average and food horrible. Qantas has a flight the same time as Virgin so I will definitely use them for some flights.

My chance of retaining gold are poor however, unless in consider giving up elite and try and maintain gold on both.....
Presume you are Auckland based? From Christchurch, QF is a really good alternative to NZ. We now have to have a stop in Auckland for nearly all international flights on NZ, and basically all if we want to fly anything other than Y. My personal experiences with QF have been good, and i see they are upgrading their angle lie flat seats to fully flat, which will mean their Asia routes will be more comfortable in J.

The other thing that Qantas did very well on it seems to me is their alliance with EK, which I think is an excellent airline in premium cabins (never flew Y) and full QF status points etc. and, of course if you want to spoil yourself the option of F, which is just a whole class above anything NZ offers. Yes, I know that NZ have partnered with SQ, but their status point offering is awful, I just dummied a J flight CHC-SIN in March, for the same price you get 240 SP on NZ metal and 120 on SQ, and thats on the NZ codeshare!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:27 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Yes, I know that NZ have partnered with SQ, but their status point offering is awful, I just dummied a J flight CHC-SIN in March, for the same price you get 240 SP on NZ metal and 120 on SQ, and thats on the NZ codeshare!
Qantas is just as bad. SYD-LHR flying on BA gives half the status credits and less than half the points compared with flying on QF.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Qantas is just as bad. SYD-LHR flying on BA gives half the status credits and less than half the points compared with flying on QF.
So its just EK that they match on (as long as you book the QF codeshare)?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
So its just EK that they match on (as long as you book the QF codeshare)?
Any QF coded flight regardless of operating metal will be treated as a QF sector and will credit the appropriate amount (airfare must be an earning fare).
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
I've noticed that ANZ now has Qantas Cards (in NZ) (And Adverts on NZ TV)

https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn...rd-new-zealand

So Spend $20000 and get 20000 Qantas Points which will get you to Sydney (18000 Points Economy)

Compare to AirNZ which if you spend $20000 on your Credit Card you'll get ~200 Airpoints (which will get you to Sydney as well (just)) (Depending which card)

A land grab to get people to move over to Qantas me thinks
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Craig Whitmore
I've noticed that ANZ now has Qantas Cards (in NZ)
Hasn't the ANZ Qantas Visa card been in NZ for many years?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.