Old May 5, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
New SYD Koru opening 23rd May

http://www.ausbt.com.au/air-new-zeal...o-open-mid-may
Old May 5, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by pepsi1336
Sigh. Will miss it by a day.

Oh well, Sliverkris is just fine and a lot less crowded.
Old May 5, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Miles Down Under
Just saw the pics. Yikes!! I haven't been through there since the old lounge, hopefully I don't need to go through there until it's done!
Old May 5, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Has anybody heard any dates for the Auckland lounge opening?
Old May 5, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Has anybody heard any dates for the Auckland lounge opening?
From the outside it still looks like theirs an bit of building work to be done.... typical AIAL, takes over an year to put an few beams and iron up. Just look at how long it took to upgrade the extra domestic gates.
Old May 5, 2015, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
From the outside it still looks like theirs an bit of building work to be done.... typical AIAL, takes over an year to put an few beams and iron up. Just look at how long it took to upgrade the extra domestic gates.
If Auckland Airport's 2020 master plan comes to fruition, with turning AKL into a transit hub between LATAM and Asia and developing their ridiculous three-finger pier layout (fingers being the absolute last design you would pick for transit because it results in passengers walking twice the distance if their flights happen to be parked at the end of two fingers) then the Air NZ lounge where it is currently being built will also end up being in one of the stupidest locations... right at one end of the terminal with 20 min + walks to what could be the furthest gate. This airport is a textbook example of bolting things on to the end of things when they are needed, rather than having any cohesive long term plan about where things should be in relation to everything else.
Old May 5, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Originally Posted by Top of climb
If Auckland Airport's 2020 master plan comes to fruition, with turning AKL into a transit hub between LATAM and Asia and developing their ridiculous three-finger pier layout (fingers being the absolute last design you would pick for transit because it results in passengers walking twice the distance if their flights happen to be parked at the end of two fingers) then the Air NZ lounge where it is currently being built will also end up being in one of the stupidest locations... right at one end of the terminal with 20 min + walks to what could be the furthest gate. This airport is a textbook example of bolting things on to the end of things when they are needed, rather than having any cohesive long term plan about where things should be in relation to everything else.

I have come to accept that in NZ and just point the finger and laugh it off. We may look like idiots to the rest of the world but too small to make any impact anyway. If the planners spend just half as much time as they would do for a rugby game....
Old May 5, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
SQ told me (4 May) it is scheduled next month- yes, originally end March, then April, now June.

The hotcake machine is downstairs. A small little dungeon area near the lower escalator.
Old May 5, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Top of climb
While it might look like an stupid location now, don't forget that the pier that is getting build directly in front of the new lounge will be for NZ Domestic. Which is meant to be opening within the next five years (apparently). You will probably find the 'new Lounge' will become the Domestic lounge, and they build another lounge over towards the new Intentional Gates once they are build. Or you might might that NZ will get exclusive use over the two southern pries (one for Domestic and one for International).
Old May 7, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by robbau

Oh well, Sliverkris is just fine and a lot less crowded.
In Silverkris at Sydney this morning.

I have not personally seen it this busy before.

Front desk guy said there are quite a few NZ PAX in here this morning.
Old May 17, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Originally Posted by pepsi1336
Sweet! I am in 06/15. Can't wait to read the reviews!

This is such a busy thread (not) I get to write the review......

The lounge has been open one month, has seating for 300 and 6 showers. I particularly liked the fact the showers are "self serve". There are 2 nice features of the new Koru lounge worth noting:

1. They have a coffee station which makes special orders & has a computer screen where you can place your order (apparently ANZ has an app which allows you to place your order from your Smart Phone so its ready when you arrive!)

2. They also have a station where you order waffles!

One disappointment is there does not appear to be a quiet area for families with children.

I also asked the dragon at the SQ lounge how their traffic has changed? She said it has dropped (obviously) since the new Koru lounge opened - but they still get a lot of Koru Club members! The reason? Its quieter!

Last edited by Antonio8069; Jun 15, 2015 at 2:58 pm Reason: additional information
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Sweet! I am in 06/15. Can't wait to read the reviews!
Back behind the waffle/omelet station is a nice little kids area. Blocked off behind glass doors (dark/black)

Overall, very impressed with what ANZ did to the lounge.

Hot dog cart though is a distant memory, now.

Only thing to note, due to the style, openness, etc. sound can carry when it starts to fill up.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
great new lounge, i was lucky to see it the first week it opened. However I agree its going to very noisy when crowded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.