Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels and airpoints

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Sofitel Auckland is overpriced. Location is misrepresented, too many hidden costs and the rooms are 4 star.

Originally Posted by smeags_nz
I wouldn't consider the Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour or Sofitel Queenstown crappy. Or Pullman Auckland either for that matter. Although some of their Mercures and Novotels are pretty average.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by ajnz
I stayed very frequently at the AKL CP between 2004 and 2008 but they were always fairly useless (as IHG Platinum the whole time), I don't recall any benefits or upgrades ever, but a lot of suboptimal rooms (right next to elevator) or random housekeeping issues. Sounds like they've got better.
I recall staying there years ago the trick used to be as IHG Platinum to book the made up Bureau Room category, and that would be one category below Club, resulting in a Club upgrade. Not that the Club was much to write home about...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.