Upgrading flights

Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Upgrading flights

When you upgrade flights and pay the an additional fee does your SP earning also go up ?
(Referring to Domestic and TT like adding a bag, meal or paying for a more flexible ticket)

Last edited by Beano; Jan 24, 2015 at 6:06 am Reason: More info
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by Beano
When you upgrade flights and pay the an additional fee does your SP earning also go up ?
(Referring to Domestic and TT like adding a bag, meal or paying for a more flexible ticket)
yes it does. as long as the change was done using cash not AP
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: NZ*G
Does not always appear to be true - I paid full price for a partial upgrade (AKL - LAX, trip was from WLG -> LHR), but I do not appear to get status points for that, which is incredibly annoying.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
yes it does. as long as the change was done using cash not AP
But not for successful OneUp bids I assume.

OP. Did you mean upgrade in the sense of changing the initially paid fare to a 'higher' fare class (eg Seat+Bag to Flexi, or Economy to PE/Biz) and paying more (ie have a changed ticket to the new fare)? Or did you mean upgrade via a OneUp which I understand is a cabin upgrade only, and original booking conditions (APD and SP earn) remain unchanged?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Upgrading and changing

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
But not for successful OneUp bids I assume.

OP. Did you mean upgrade in the sense of changing the initially paid fare to a 'higher' fare class (eg Seat+Bag to Flexi, or Economy to PE/Biz) and paying more (ie have a changed ticket to the new fare)? Or did you mean upgrade via a OneUp which I understand is a cabin upgrade only, and original booking conditions (APD and SP earn) remain unchanged?
Yes change to a higher class that earns more SP ..I thought that will be the easiest way when I am only 2SP short for the year
I am just 2sp short on a banked year so I thought if I could change one sector and effectively purchase 2SP
(I have calculated the AIRNZ SP to be 2SP short but well over on the other non AIRNZ SP)

Last edited by Beano; Jan 25, 2015 at 1:17 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.