Wiki Posts
Search

New Auckland Int Koru

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
New Auckland Int Koru

I noticed today at AKL International that the lower viewing deck is closed off and the old Timezone area is a construction area. Does anybody know if this is going to be the location of the new Koru lounge? They did talk about it having a better view.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Yes it should be.

When I asked the lounge staff last month ex-AKL when the new lounge is due, that's what they told me, upstairs roughly 40-50% larger, with view out to the runway/tarmac.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
More information here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...twork-113.html
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I had read the NZ Herald article about it being a floor above - but it's actually on the same level as the existing lounge though.

I guess they solved the problem of everybody sleeping in the lower viewing area overnight by just getting rid of it!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Cloud still being going on the floor above, as apparently there are new metal beams on the roof in that area.

I guess that they have closed the old lower level veiwing area, as they need to build an access way to the lounge from airside.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
As on some other threads last week:
Originally Posted by serfty
This afternoon I went for a walk upstairs at the international terminal and further building works are happening. The 'TimeZone' has closed and the (old backpacker dorm) area to the South of that has been taken into the building site. So upstairs kipping space has been severely attenuated.
There is some development going on upstairs at AKL to the East and South of the old TimeZone area. (Around the location of the old "Kiwiana" display).

This is the same floor the EK/QF/NZ lounges.

Half the viewing area on that level is now blocked off as a construction zone.

I wonder if that is related? I'm sure NZ could readily absorb the current QF Lounges.
... Looking out from the 10th floor South end of the Novotel yesterday morning I notice steel bones beams making the framework of a large construction on the South East Roof - that was one of the reasons I went up to investigate.

So QF likely looking at taking over the vacated NZ space ...

Last edited by serfty; Jan 11, 2015 at 9:50 pm
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: NZ*G
Does anybody know of any updates regarding the new Auckland international Koru lounge?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by SamB2356
Does anybody know of any updates regarding the new Auckland international Koru lounge?
It still looks like its a couple months away, the outside of the building we're its getting built is still wrapped in tarps.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Is there any information regarding this lounge (not opening dates)? I mean, if it'll be a refurbished version of the one we had before, or they'll improve it? Menu-like dinners, etc? Like the Qantas Business Lounge in Sydney.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Any updates?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by tuchop
Is there any information regarding this lounge (not opening dates)? I mean, if it'll be a refurbished version of the one we had before, or they'll improve it? Menu-like dinners, etc? Like the Qantas Business Lounge in Sydney.
I believe the new lounge is only 20% larger than the current one, so I would doubt NZ would spend the $ for sit-down dining, especially when one considers that NZ has a near monopoly on long-haul flights.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I believe the new lounge is only 20% larger than the current one, so I would doubt NZ would spend the $ for sit-down dining, especially when one considers that NZ has a near monopoly on long-haul flights.
The new SYD Lounge has food that is made to order by two chiefs in front of you, surely they will do the same in Auckland
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
The new SYD Lounge has food that is made to order by two chiefs in front of you, surely they will do the same in Auckland
Maori Chiefs?

I have seen one chef only, do they actually create something you want or serve you up what is basically a set offering?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:51 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Not to mention being used as contract lounge by just about every airline other than QF, EK, CX and LA.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
MH actually use the Emperor Lounge as their contract lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.