Search

Ticketing rules on flexi fare

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Ticketing rules on flexi fare

Hi all,
If one was to book a flexible one way fare (say WLG-LHR), the latest one can book is 355days out.
What general rules does this come with? Can you then change the flight, say 6months in?
for example,
book 1st December 2015 one way flight.
In June 2015 can one shift the flight out another 6months or more?
Are you always limited to 355days from ticketing?
Can you move it more than once adding longer periods each time?
I suspect not?
cheers
dj
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
I am also interested in the responses to this, as I have booked exactly such a ticket.

Needed a return one year after departure, which obviously wasn't an option, so booked a flexi return. Now have discovered that I cannot change the return online to a date further out than 355 days after the date I made the booking.

Haven't tried calling them yet, does anyone know if there is a manual way around this? Can't see anything in the fare rules on the website about it.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
This might be a starter....
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ule-upset.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...it-ticket.html
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Thanks Thai-Kiwi. Sounds like there is hope at least.
In my case, having booked a flexi return, worst case is I would cancel it and rebook a one-way later. Unfortunately though, Air NZ still prices non-New Zealand tickets as returns, with one-ways costing extra, so I'd have to fork out.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by samnz
In my case, having booked a flexi return, worst case is I would cancel it and rebook a one-way later. Unfortunately though, Air NZ still prices non-New Zealand tickets as returns, with one-ways costing extra, so I'd have to fork out.
If it is an Australian fare: book a flexi one way ex-NZ and a cheap one-way ex-Australia (on the same PNR). Call up to cancel the flexi one way ex-NZ and keep the "return" segment ex-Australia.

Used to do this all the time for my brother when he was studying at UNSW and was coming home for the holidays. Fares ex-Australia were usually more expensive. AFAIK this only works for Australian segments as all other destinations are issued as one return "fare" rather than individual segments even though the website prices them as one-ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.