Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Welcome. This thread, begun November 2014, contains excerpts, informational summaries and links to media sources and articles, blogs and the like, relating to Air New Zealand. As well, attributed full information from airline, government or other free, non-copyrighted, sources may be included. As well, it will contain discussion of the information presented.

FlyerTalk has specific rules regarding what is allowed when posting from or quoting copyrighted sources (newspapers and their websites, many blogs and web pages, etc.)

Rule 9. Posting Copyrighted Material

Do not post information protected by copyright or owned by another without the owner's consent. If you infringe on someone else's rights you will be held solely responsible. Neither FlyerTalk nor its owner shall be held responsible for information you post that may violate copyright law.

When posting a news article or other published information, credit the source of the information and give a brief, one-to-three paragraph summary or clip of the content, providing an appropriate link and/or cite to its source.

FlyerTalk's Infringement Policy, found in its Legal Notices disclosure, is made a part of this rule and nothing in this rule is meant to conflict with that Infringement Policy.
You may read the two previous similar threads:

Air NZ in the News (the original)

Air NZ in the News (volume 2)
Print Wikipost

Air NZ in the News, vol. 3

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
It's simply that three senior managers selling $5 million in shares shortly before the release of unfavourable news and a consequent 30% drop in share value is not a good look, regardless of the legality of it.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by edmm
It's simply that three senior managers selling $5 million in shares shortly before the release of unfavourable news and a consequent 30% drop in share value is not a good look, regardless of the legality of it.
Unfavourable news? It was nothing that none of us already knew. What Air NZ announced in August should be no surprise at all to anybody - profits were up, we're doing great BUT we're in an era of incredibly intense competition that's going to have many unknowns ahead.

Air NZ's price leading up to the middle of the year was being inflated, one can only assume by analysts who don't really have an understanding of the market despite being paid big $$ to pretend they do. The uncertainly scared investors which is why we've seen the price crash.

Shares are not rational investments and share prices are about as irrational (and yes I own shares).
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by edmm
Try reading the article. There were sales into rising and falling markets and out of sync with announcements. No issue.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: NZ Silver
How the hell does this happen?

An Air New Zealand plane took off on a flight from Napier to Auckland with a metal pole dangling beneath it.

According to the CAA information, the incident on the Napier-Auckland flight happened on June 30 this year.
"Tail stand left in place, aircraft departed Napier [and] flew to Auckland," the information said.

A tail stand is a metal pole propped between the rear, bottom of the plane and the tarmac to keep the plane steady during loading.

Air New Zealand confirmed on Thursday that one of its services left Napier to Auckland on June 30, with its prop tail in place.

"The incident has been reviewed and attributed to human error, and at no stage was the safety of the flight compromised," it said.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel...ngling-beneath
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Another new safety video, hopefully it won't be too long until it is released.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/8...rthland-region
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
CX to start A350 flights CHC-HKG, and extends NZ strategic alliance

"Cathay Pacific is set to introduce a new service between Hong Kong and Christchurch in December.

The non-stop Christchurch service is set to operate three times a week, with an airbus A350 aircraft departing Hong Kong on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

Subject to regulatory approvals, the new service will operate between December 1, 2017 and February 28, 2018 and will complement Cathay Pacific's current seasonal double daily flights to Auckland.
Cathay Pacific and Air New Zealand will also extend their strategic alliance on services between Hong Kong and New Zealand for a further five years until 2022, subject to continuing regulatory approvals."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/8...o-christchurch
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: NZ*G
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9023...l-us-officials

Can't see a transit zone happening.. Apart from maybe Mexico etc, Air NZ must be one of the only airlines that transits through the US?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sam_87

Can't see a transit zone happening.. Apart from maybe Mexico etc, Air NZ must be one of the only airlines that transits through the US?
I flew to LAX on NZ2 a few weeks ago and really felt sorry for pax transiting LAX. It took nearly an hour to clear CBP (which I'm fully aware of) but you had transit pax with no real idea what they're actually doing or the process stuck in a queue worried about what's actually happening.

I also don't understand at LAX why those pax who are returning (prior visits on current ESTA/passport) are all grouped together heading left with all other international passengers and US citizens head right whereas at SFO (I last visited in October) returning pax can head right and use the same queues as US citizens.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:00 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I also don't understand at LAX why those pax who are returning (prior visits on current ESTA/passport) are all grouped together heading left with all other international passengers and US citizens head right whereas at SFO (I last visited in October) returning pax can head right and use the same queues as US citizens.
Usually you can use the kiosks at LAX also (if on ESTA with prior visit on the same passport). Perhaps it was super busy when you went through, or perhaps a consequence of the recent US immigration shenanigans?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Usually you can use the kiosks at LAX also (if on ESTA with prior visit on the same passport). Perhaps it was super busy when you went through, or perhaps a consequence of the recent US immigration shenanigans?
I used the kiosks but these were on the left with all visitors. US citizens used the kiosks on the right which had far shorter queues.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:11 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sounds like it has changed since I last was through LAX TBIT.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Sam_87

I think Air France goes via LAX on their way to the French Polynesia.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Scathing account of the NZ1 AKL x/LAX LHR gauntlet in today's Herald:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11849077
Old May 3, 2017, 3:58 pm

"Surely it is not beyond the wit of the greatest country on earth to direct transit passengers into a locked lounge with a toilet and a free coffee machine, instead of subjecting them to two hours of officious persecution?"

This is exactly what used to happen and everybody complained about it.

Having flown this route a couple of times and also flying to LAX in Feb on NZ2 (I prefer NZ6) I was in the CBP queue with all the transit pax, some of whom were panicking and totally unprepared for what they were encountering. Yes it's a terrible experience, but Air NZ need to prepare people for that terrible experience and explain that clearing CBP will often take 60+ mins.

If you want a less stressful stopover my recommendation is always to take NZ6/NZ2 and NZ1/NZ5. Yes it means collecting your bag and dropping it at the transfer baggage drop but you get guaranteed extra time on the ground, can leave the airport if you want, and time to relax and have a shower.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by jawnbc
Scathing account of the NZ1 AKL x/LAX LHR gauntlet in today's Herald:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11849077
To be honest, it doesn't sound that bad at all (relatively speaking). I've had much worse in LAX (I'm sure I'm not alone in that) - and I travel on an American passport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.