Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Welcome. This thread, begun November 2014, contains excerpts, informational summaries and links to media sources and articles, blogs and the like, relating to Air New Zealand. As well, attributed full information from airline, government or other free, non-copyrighted, sources may be included. As well, it will contain discussion of the information presented.

FlyerTalk has specific rules regarding what is allowed when posting from or quoting copyrighted sources (newspapers and their websites, many blogs and web pages, etc.)

Rule 9. Posting Copyrighted Material

Do not post information protected by copyright or owned by another without the owner's consent. If you infringe on someone else's rights you will be held solely responsible. Neither FlyerTalk nor its owner shall be held responsible for information you post that may violate copyright law.

When posting a news article or other published information, credit the source of the information and give a brief, one-to-three paragraph summary or clip of the content, providing an appropriate link and/or cite to its source.

FlyerTalk's Infringement Policy, found in its Legal Notices disclosure, is made a part of this rule and nothing in this rule is meant to conflict with that Infringement Policy.
You may read the two previous similar threads:

Air NZ in the News (the original)

Air NZ in the News (volume 2)
Print Wikipost

Air NZ in the News, vol. 3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by dadig
When competition pops up as a result, they will think and evaluate.
I doubt it. CHC has a number of longhaul flights by other airlines and none by NZ.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:14 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
...AKL supports 4 daily EK A380's.
Only three EK A380's. It was only the inaugural flight of EK448/EK449 that was operated by an A380. The usual aircraft is a 777LR.
Old May 1, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: NZ*S
More ZQN than Air NZ really.

Air NZ trials Queenstown night flight - NZ Herald

Air New Zealand has flown the first evening flight into Queenstown in preparation for scheduled commercial services later this month.

Saturday's proving flight was the first of several planned over the coming weeks before the first commercial evening service on May 23.
Old May 1, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by WLG Base
Only three EK A380's. It was only the inaugural flight of EK448/EK449 that was operated by an A380. The usual aircraft is a 777LR.
Singapore operated a fourth A380 into Auckland on a regular schedule. They seem to have reverted to a 777 now.
Old May 1, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner

Will be interesting to see if this has an effect on the prices of flights throughout the rest of the day. While Dunedin is a bigger city, a quick Google shows Dunedin had roughly half the flights and passenger numbers in 2015 as Queenstown (not sure how accurate), yet QT is often about the same price to fly from as Dunedin. Watch this space I guess.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
That first one landed right on top of me as I was driving through Frankton. Scared the crap out of me, even though I knew they were scheduled to happen sometime soon.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Wrijo
Will be interesting to see if this has an effect on the prices of flights throughout the rest of the day. While Dunedin is a bigger city, a quick Google shows Dunedin had roughly half the flights and passenger numbers in 2015 as Queenstown (not sure how accurate), yet QT is often about the same price to fly from as Dunedin. Watch this space I guess.
I wouldn't expect so unless JQ ramps up their flights considerably. Queenstown has a lot more tourists and convention visitors than Dunedin.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fast6
That first one landed right on top of me as I was driving through Frankton. Scared the crap out of me, even though I knew they were scheduled to happen sometime soon.
Didn't see any reports of flying too low? Why was it scary?
Old May 2, 2016, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Aqua_3380
Singapore operated a fourth A380 into Auckland on a regular schedule. They seem to have reverted to a 777 now.
SQ285/286 was operated over NZ summer with an A380. Usual aircraft is a 777-300ER (this is now refitted with new F & J).
Old May 2, 2016, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Wrijo
Demand out of ZQN is high.

Last Saturday there was no space on any domestic NZ flight (to CHC, WLG & AKL). Partly due to end of school holidays but also due to large number of foreign tourists.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:43 pm
Suspended

SQ285/286 was operated over NZ summer with an A380. Usual aircraft is a 777-300ER (this is now refitted with new F & J).
And PE
Old May 2, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
Demand out of ZQN is high.

Last Saturday there was no space on any domestic NZ flight (to CHC, WLG & AKL). Partly due to end of school holidays but also due to large number of foreign tourists.
You certainly aren't wrong, but that is astonishing. I've noticed a massive jump in the number of overseas visitors in the last few years. Will be interesting to see if TT flights increase out of here in the coming year or two.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Didn't see any reports of flying too low? Why was it scary?
Because it was dark and the side of an A320 suddenly appeared about 50m in front of me as it was ~200m from touching down

It's totally foreign to see anything in the air around Queenstown after dark; I'm sure we'll adjust!
Old May 2, 2016, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fast6
Because it was dark and the side of an A320 suddenly appeared about 50m in front of me as it was ~200m from touching down

It's totally foreign to see anything in the air around Queenstown after dark; I'm sure we'll adjust!
Not exactly a UFO.. Must be sensitive souls down there
Old May 3, 2016, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Not exactly a UFO.. Must be sensitive souls down there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.