Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

VS / NZ fare classes and price difference

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

I am planning a trip AKL - LHR next year in PE, and am getting the following pricing on the NZ / VS websites:

NZ: $6,877.00
VS: $4,999.52

Flights are same dates (August 13 - 28) / route (via PVG) and all in NZD.

The VS website does say "Premium Economy and Upperclass are only available for the Virgin Atlantic leg of this journey" which makes me wonder if the NZ flights are in Y. Fare classes show up as K for all legs (this page does state that K is full fare economy and that is how PE is treated, but not sure if it only relates to AP earn).

Not looking to book right now as very far out, but the price difference really caught my eye and I wondered if anyone had dealt with it before? I did find one thread talking about it but no resolution.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
K on VS is premium economy. The NZ page refers to APD earning at Full Econony level.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
You should be booked into PE on NZ with a VS K fare. Looking at a K fare AKL/LHR, VS allows via SFO or PVG with AKL - PVG/SFO bookable on either the NZ or VS flight numbers. If using the NZ code (i.e. NZ289 or NZ8), the fare rules require A class to be used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.