Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Tasman - Lack of Frequent Flyer Seats on 77W

Tasman - Lack of Frequent Flyer Seats on 77W

Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Tasman - Lack of Elite reserved seats on 77W

Anyone else noticed the lack of Frequent Flyer seats on the 77W on Tasman Sectors lately. Ive just booked an BNE-AKL in two weeks time, and as there was only 26 allocated as frequent flyer seats they are all gone!

NZ really needs to hold some for later bookings, e.g. us that are buy last minute tickets that are 3x the price they we're selling 2 months ago.

Last edited by cavemanzk; Sep 16, 2014 at 5:16 pm
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
There have been lots of seating changes on flights and an increase from $30 to $39 to select a seat. Could well be related to this.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
There have been lots of seating changes on flights and an increase from $30 to $39 to select a seat. Could well be related to this.
What seats are the $39 ones? I'm only seeing $30 preferred seats and nothing for $39.

An Tasman A320 has 18 Frequent Flyer Seats, yet an 77W only have 26 seats. Doesn't seem right, when surely on an 77W there would be an high proportion of Elite/Gold/Koru?

On my AKL-SYD next week, there is plenty of open frequent flyer seats. Yet when you look at BNE-AKL (on most flights) they are all gone. But with only 26 seats it only takes an couple of familys and they are all gone!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The more seat available to value add, the greater revenue opportunity for the company. As far as I can tell, NZ really basically value those who regularly purchase Business class seats in the first place - the little given for others is a bonus.

PS- Maybe this thread could be retitled something like "Lack of Elite reserved seats on 77W" - I was wondering why an Airpoints member was lacking in redemption opportunity ...
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Anyone else noticed the lack of Frequent Flyer seats on the 77W on Tasman Sectors lately. Ive just booked an BNE-AKL in two weeks time, and as there was only 26 allocated as frequent flyer seats they are all gone!

NZ really needs to hold some for later bookings, e.g. us that are buy last minute tickets that are 3x the price they we're selling 2 months ago.
I had the same problem end of last year AKL-BNE on the 77W. Asked at check-in if there was any available, and was given a seat no problem in a Premium Economy row 28. Row 27-31 are usually held for Works Deluxe on the 77W Transtasman.
Could be worth giving Air NZ a call, or otherwise asking on check-in
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pepsi1336
Could be worth giving Air NZ a call, or otherwise asking on check-in
Oh I tired that this morning, she was more than happy to charge me an $25 service fee to select an seat!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
What seats are the $39 ones? I'm only seeing $30 preferred seats and nothing for $39.
The fare increased to $39 from bookings from the 15th Sept according to Air NZ Agent

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.