Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX flight on an NZ ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
VX flight on an NZ ticket

Hi All

I am flying from MCO in Dec and only flight suitable was Virgin America. I have a couple of questions, having never flown these guys before :

can I check in for entire flight? MCO-CHC?
Will I receive a Premier Access boarding pass (or similar) to "fast" track through TSA?

How do I choose a seat...all greyed out online?

Any help appreciated.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Markhm
Hi All

I am flying from MCO in Dec and only flight suitable was Virgin America. I have a couple of questions, having never flown these guys before :

can I check in for entire flight? MCO-CHC?
Will I receive a Premier Access boarding pass (or similar) to "fast" track through TSA?

How do I choose a seat...all greyed out online?

Any help appreciated.
From experience your bags should be checked all the way through if the booking is all on one ticket. However because VX is not a star alliance member and NZ doesn't have an official partnership with them, frequent flyer benefits get a bit confusing.

Technically you will not receive any lounge/seating/priority bag-tags/fast track benefits, apart from baggage allowance, however I believe because NZ is the carrier of the majority of the trip you should be entitled to NZ's baggage allowance even on VX when checking-in with them.

When I flew with them last year I was given extra baggage allowance once I showed my *G card and was given priority bag-tags. When it comes to other benefits don't get your hopes and and expect to be rejected from lounge access etc, however you are still best to ask because you never know what might happen!

In regards to seat select, are you trying to request seats for VX or NZ or both, to request VX you will need to obtain their PNR reference and try requesting on their website. You should be able to for their flight.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by WellingtonFlyer

Technically you will not receive any lounge/seating/priority bag-tags/fast track benefits, apart from baggage allowance, however I believe because NZ is the carrier of the majority of the trip you should be entitled to NZ's baggage allowance even on VX when checking-in with them.
Technically it's nothing more than an interline agreement with VX so you should not receive anything above what your fare permits, ie no additional elite baggage allowance.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Thanks for the help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.