London to LA

Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

London to LA

Could I have some advice please on the best seats to choose if travelling as a couple. Is it best to go for the middle seats? It says the aircraft is a B777 but only ever flown domestic before! Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Which class are you traveling in?

See http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/777-300-experience
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Which class are you traveling in?

See http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/777-300-experience
Apologies it's business class
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:53 am

Be aware that the middle seats have a wall between them so they are not designed for two people traveling together. So if you where in seats B and J you could not see or communicate with each other. I would recommend you both sit behind/in front of each other on a window seat so either row A or K, but that is my personal preference.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by WellingtonFlyer
Be aware that the middle seats have a wall between them so they are not designed for two people traveling together. So if you where in seats B and J you could not see or communicate with each other. I would recommend you both sit behind/in front of each other on a window seat so either row A or K, but that is my personal preference.
+1
prefer this to being across the isle from each other as well.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
+2.

One in front of the other is much better if you wish to communicate.

If you opt for across the aisle, bear in the mind that the centre seats are forward/back (can't remember which) from the window seats.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:05 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
+3

Directly in front / behind each other is best. You can easily swing around to talk to each other, and the foot rest in business can be used as a second chair to sit opposite each other for meals.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Agree that sitting "next to" (particularly 2 x A or K seats) is best. The Air NZ website automatically seats you across the aisle from each other, so it needs a phone call to sort.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by edmm
Agree that sitting "next to" (particularly 2 x A or K seats) is best. The Air NZ website automatically seats you across the aisle from each other, so it needs a phone call to sort.
I've been able to adjust seating for multiple passengers online. When managing the seat selection, choose seating by individual passenger. You can then choose the seats you want for each passenger. I did this just a few days ago for three of us.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by SeaProf
I've been able to adjust seating for multiple passengers online. When managing the seat selection, choose seating by individual passenger. You can then choose the seats you want for each passenger. I did this just a few days ago for three of us.
That's useful to know thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edmm
thanks for all the help and advice. now in santa monica enjoying the lovely weather

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.