787 economy seat pitch

Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

787 economy seat pitch

Hey all,

I've got AKL > PVG on 787 coming up, and noticed that seats in Y have a pitch of either 78, 81 or 83cm.

Do you reckon this variation makes a noticeable difference? I'd prefer a seat in 36D (81cm) to reduce the chances of having to get up, but 36C has 83cm pitch as it is a SkyCouch row.

Should I care about the 2cm extra?

Cheers

Last edited by ttravelator; Aug 23, 2014 at 11:07 pm
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:33 am

I would say not to care. 2cm is hardly a major difference and you have much more 'pitch' in the vertical plane if you have aisle access imho.

BTW sorry for going OT but i'm traveling on China Southern's 787 in a few months in 45C. What is that like?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by curioustill
I would say not to care. 2cm is hardly a major difference and you have much more 'pitch' in the vertical plane if you have aisle access imho.

BTW sorry for going OT but i'm traveling on China Southern's 787 in a few months in 45C. What is that like?
Good. Flew CAN-AKL in Dec last year in 44D. I'll see if I can find some pics if you are interested.

Cheers, TK
Old Aug 24, 2014, 3:08 am

when is the first PVG service on the 787?

There is some bloody good deals to china with AIRNZ till the end of the month.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: NZ EP
OT, however...

Leaving MEL this afternoon there was an Air India 787 parked up near the NZ gate... Looking shabby. On second glance, figured it was just the drab colour scheme...

Makes our all black model look stunning in comparison : )
Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
The bulkhead is what you want, if you can get it. Plenty of room there. And the twosome is very nice, right at the front of Y.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Good. Flew CAN-AKL in Dec last year in 44D. I'll see if I can find some pics if you are interested.

Cheers, TK
Would be great to have a look, thanks! (No offence to China Southern) I've always felt that their cabins are a bit sub standard - no personal screens and cramped as seat pitch+width but hopefully this will change everything!
Old Nov 9, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: TK *G,
Hi!

I've got a question: In February me and my gf fly from NRT to AKL with the 789 in Y.
The online seat reservation system says that seat 62K (3 cm less width than other seats) is not possible to reserve.
So do you think we can reserve 62H & 62J and will have an empty neighbour seat, due to the fact that this seat is not possible to be reserved online?
Or should we go for other seats because usually I like window seats..
Thanks for your answers!
Old Nov 9, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
If a seat is blocked out of the booking system now there is no guarantee it'll remain free - once a flight is under airport control any seats can be selected, and while I'd hate to sit in a middle seat as a single passenger, the reality is if it's a full flight somebody will have to!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.