Regional Equipment

Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Regional Equipment

Hi all

I have heard that there may be a reshuffle of equipment in some regional centres.

In particular, rumour has it that the Q300 base at NPE will be closed and NPE will become an ATR airport.

Has anyone heard any more on this?

Related to the reports of Q300s replacing 1900Ds, perhaps?

Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Seems to be that every ATR delivered, more flights ex AKL get swapped to ATRs.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
Originally Posted by robbau

In particular, rumour has it that the Q300 base at NPE will be closed and NPE will become an ATR airport.
Correct. AKL-NPE will go to all ATRs, and so will NPE-CHC within time. Kerikeri from February next year will go all Q300s, 4 per weekday. NSN-PMR will go from two Beech flights a day, to one Q300.

ZK-EAL has left the country already, with a few more set to follow. Despite rumours, the Beech is set to stay. Air New Zealand have invested heavily in a Flight Simulator for the AC type.

Also NPL-AKL will go from a ATR/Q300 mix to all ATRs
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I overheard crews talking about some of the changes this week. It seems there are plenty of rumours at present of a number of other areas all moving to the Q300 as well.

It seems there is also some planned consolidation of crew bases as well.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:13 am
NHM

Programs: NZ*GE
loose lips sink ships, I also heard some AirNZ captain gossiping to hosties the other day at the coffee shop (Fuel?) in Wellington Airport the other day about closures

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.