Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia Lounge access for Elite Partner

Old Jun 29, 2014, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold

Are there any Elite Partners out there that have gained access to the Virgin Australia domestic lounges?

Flying Melbourne to Sydney next month and would be keen to use the lounge
Old Jun 29, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
I thought Elite Partner was only valid on NZ metal.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by 1121
Are there any Elite Partners out there that have gained access to the Virgin Australia domestic lounges?

Flying Melbourne to Sydney next month and would be keen to use the lounge
I don't think NZ Elite Partners can use the VA lounge when flying domestically on a VA flight number. EP benefits are usually only recognised when flying under an NZ flight number, even if thats on a VA flight.

Also, Virgin's system doesn't recognise EP status either so it would be up to the lounge agent. Best to ring NZ to be 100%
Old Jun 29, 2014, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Conflicting advice on the NZ website:

Probable 'no' here.....

On flights operated by Virgin Australia within Australia
Airport
Guest limit for Koru members
Sydney 1 Guest
Brisbane 1 Guest
Melbourne 1 Guest
Gold Coast 1 Guest
Adelaide 1 Guest
Canberra 1 Guest
Mackay 1 Guest
Perth 1 Guest
Cairns 1 Guest

Access is only available prior to the departure of your Air New Zealand operated and ticketed flight on the same day from the same terminal. Children may not be brought into our partner lounges in addition to the applicable guest allowance for each partner lounge.

Elite, Gold and Koru members can use the Virgin Australia domestic lounges when travelling on any domestic Virgin Australia flight. Simply show your boarding pass and your Elite, Gold or Koru membership card at the entrance.

Virgin Australia Domestic Lounges within Australia are located in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, Gold Coast, Mackay, Perth and Cairns. The Gold Coast lounge is before immigration but can be used prior to both international and domestic flights.
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/partner-lounge-directory

It might be possible for the cities listed above, but not for other domestic VA flights (say BNE-TSV).

edited to add. Probable 'yes' here:

Domestic Australia lounge access

Elite, Gold and Koru members can use the Virgin Australia domestic lounges when travelling on any domestic Virgin Australia flight. Simply show your boarding pass and your Elite, Gold or Koru membership card at the entrance.

Virgin Australia Domestic Lounges within Australia are located in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Cairns, Canberra, Gold Coast, Mackay, and Perth. The Gold Coast lounge is before immigration but can be used prior to both international and domestic flights.
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/co-op...ustralia-group

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jun 29, 2014 at 3:07 pm Reason: updated info
Old Jun 29, 2014, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Sounds like I will need to call Air NZ, but it's likely no matter what Air NZ say it will be up to the VA lounge to make the call.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

I was able to access the Virgin Australia lounge in the domestic Melbourne airport. Also got a +1 in too.

They put me down as Partner Silver? Could just be the default

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.